New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Beebers

Reaction score
Ah, so there really IS a University of Toowoomba, always wondered if those rumors were true. Welcome, and have fun.

:cool:

Aus Muppeteer

Reaction score
Cool someone knows where I live! This world's not so big after all! Thanks Beebers, oh and thanks so much for the email, great I'll get in touch with those companies!!

Beebers

Reaction score
You are most welcome. And, as you have time, reading the threads here, especially in Puppetry, can be very helpful too.

ErnieGirl

Reaction score
Hello Gang! My name is Jennifer, but I go by ErnieGirl here at MC.

I was a Muppet fan from the time I could talk! I never liked Disney characters like so many of my little friends...for me, it was the Muppet's zany humor and intelligence. I still have a hard time remembering that they aren't real...

My all-time favorite Muppet project has to be "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street". A wonderful story, catchy and imaginative music, and the gang that I remember best from my own childhood, all in their prime.

Obviously, Ernie is my favorite - loved his gentle yet mischievious personality, especially towards poor Bert! :frown:

Jim Henson and his brilliance will always hold a special place in my heart...to this day, I brag that he and I share the same birthday *lol*

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

ErnieGirl :stick_out_tongue:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
ErnieGirl said:
Jim Henson and his brilliance will always hold a special place in my heart...to this day, I brag that he and I share the same birthday *lol*

ErnieGirl :stick_out_tongue:
You and Jim, and Steve Whitmire too.

Welcome to the forum, ErnieGirl! And to anyone I've missed, too.

:stick_out_tongue:

countfanatic

Reaction score
Hello all! name is Rina and I'm a 24 year old female living in San Jacinto, CA
I have been a Sesame Street fan ever since I was a little girl. I loved all the characters and the actors/actresses on the show. Maria is soo cool. My ultimate FAVORITE is The Count!! he's number one in my book. I loved all the shows. Sesame Street is the best learning show for kids. the show nowadays are not as good. I also love watching and reading about the paranormal and of course anything on vampyres!
LOL that tickles my fancy. :wink: I love to watch scary movies! I also love to listen to darkwave and gothic music.

Beebers

Reaction score
It's nice that you mentioned Maria - I love her too, and Maria and Luis together in their scenes as well. Welcome to MC!

Whatever

Reaction score
Welcome home (2x)... no matter where you wander, you will never do as well!

orionlukteel

Reaction score
Whoops - forgot to introduce myself before I started posting... >duck<

My name's Pat, or Patrick, or Hey You, or... you get the idea. Currently in the Pittsburgh area, but heavily interviewing in the hopes of getting my fiancee into a city that *likes* IT professionals. :big_grin:

Good gosh - how long? I've been obsessed since I was knee-high to a
Whatnot. Had a crush on Maria when I was little, and got very mad when the adults *just* missed Snuffy on multiple occasions.

I watched the Muppet Show religiously - if I remember correctly, it was on right before Battlestar Galactica. Always identified with Gonzo, though I'm not sure why. Second favorite was Rowlf - he's probably the reason I became a keyboard player...

I've been doing Muppet impressions for as long as I remember. Mostly to make people laugh throughout the day, of course. I try not to do it too often, 'cause nothing bugs me more than someone who brags about doing voiceover work for the Muppets (books on tape, etc.) and then doesn't sound a whit like Kermit. Every once in a blue moon, as a karaoke DJ, when the crowd is sleeping or indifferent, I'll pull out "The Rainbow Connection" just to get a reaction. It's funny how many grown adults go glassy-eyed with nostalgia when they hear it. :smile:

I actually wrote a letter to Dave Goelz, half fan letter, half "wanna work with you guys, it looks like fun!" letter. Didn't really think anything of it until I got a return envelope, with a signed picture of Gonzo :concern: and a handwritten note from Dave Goelz himself :cool: , with contact info and advice to jsut *do* it. I was seriously geeked. Then, of course, I got
my full time engineering job and haven't had time to look back since.

Glad to finally find a place populated by Mupp-o-maniacs!

Nice to meet y'all!
Peace,
Pat

BarkingSprocket

Reaction score
Hi Im Simon a new member. Just Like to say I think its great news that Fraggle Rock is out on DVD on the 5th. I'm already pre-ordered.