New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

oOoanimaloOo

Reaction score
okay I just see all these people that know eachother and care about eachother and I just want that with all of you so hi my name is scarlett and It's nice to meet you all :halo: :zany:

beaker

Reaction score
Zondra said:
I've been a HUGE fan of the Muppets practically since as long as I can remember! Although at a young age, I was either scared of or didn't understand the Muppet Show, but like most kids I loved Sesame Street (but not the monsters!). I even still have all the original Fraggle Rock dolls (Wembley sits on my bed!).

Growing up, I began to learn that the Muppets were not something to be scared of, they were something made to uplift people and instill imagination and good feelings. (I'm so eloquent...¬_¬) I look up to all the cast and crew of anything Muppets as people who took something not well-accepted and turned it into something that practically no one can hate.

I love basically all the movies, the Muppet Show, and, of course, the Jim Henson Hour (which I watched religiously on Nickelodeon.)
Hey, you have zondra as your name an dpic...I LOVE Zondra and th eJim Henson Hour!(digit is my fave, heh) Welcome welcome! doot do do doot doot!

mekkha

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Melissa but everyone calls me Mel. I've always been a huge Muppets fan, and recently I've just been itching to get my old toys back. Muppet Babies was my favorite show. I manadged to get a Muppet Babies lunchbox on ebay. I carry it around everywere, I use it as my purse...

Anyways, just wanted to shout out hi everyone and please be patien with me :embarrassed: I am a newbie at this lol.

janicerulz

Reaction score
Before VCR's, Muppets was my Must See TV

Pardon my ramble, but as my husband says, I do have the gift of the gab. I'm 34, and a total kid at heart. And although I hate the media consolidation that the FCC is allowing, alas I do work for one of the "monolith" companies (not Cheap Channel, but same idea).

My love of all things Henson started with Sesame Street. I can proudly say that I am a charter member of the Sesame Street generation - meaning I was one of the first kids to 'grow up' on Sesame Street. I could speak Spanish before I went to Kidnergarten... and while The Electric Company and Mr. Roger's were okay, Sesame Street Rocked my World! (Except mom sez I was scared of the Count.)

Next came the Muppet Show. I don't remember exactly what night it was on... but I know it was on at 7:30pm and on those nights, *I* had control of the TV for that 30 minutes. It was my time to sing, laugh, whatever.

Then came the movies! I can't TELL you how many times I saw the first two movies in the theater. I lost count somewhere around 25 (on each). Seriously. I had so much Muppet stuff back then.... including my Miss Piggy (which I think was a large hand puppet, but I am hazy on this) But alas, we had a fire and lost everything back then.

And Fraggle Rock? We were one of the first people to have cable... and have cable back when HBO was a freebie to entice you to get cable. So when Fraggle Rock debuted, I was there. To this day I will still make jokes about being the "All knowing, all seeing, all being, Might Traaaaaaaash Heap".. and my husband loves the fact that Boober is manic depressive.

Oh, and Dark Crystal? And Labrynth? As anyone who loves sci-fi knows, these movies are great. I saw both of these movies in my 20's, and just loved them.... I went to Disney for a SSW, and when I wasn't doing soap related stuff, I spent most of my time in MGM at the Muppets stuff.

I'm such a huge Muppets fan that when the great Jim Henson passed away, people actually called me at work to break the news to me, so I wouldn't *hear* it on the radio or *see* it on TV and loose it on the train ride home. I almost went to NY to go to the memorial, but couldn't get the time off.

It's kind of funny, really. Our friends always say we have a kid friendly house, but we have no kids. Hopefully we will one day, and I will be able to share with them my love of all things Muppet.

Until then, I will indoctrinate the next generation! I introduced my young cousins to "Muppet Caper" this weekend... at 5 & 10 their only reference to the Muppets was "Kermits Swamp Years"... An oversight I happily corrected. Okay, I gush too much. But really it's how I feel.

--JaniceRulz

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Hello Im new Gang!!! :smile:

Hello, Mu name is A-Mickey_Muppet (aka Steve)

I have ben a Muppet Fan & a Disney Fan since i could remeber!!!! I love drawing making and putting on Puppets shows! I have my own Cartoons & puppets! :smile: wgat else...hummmm lol, I work at a Disney store in my local mall in NY ( i use ta work at a Wal mart :rolleyes: ) lol...ahhhh lest see here and I just wana say a GREAT BIG Hi & Hello there to all u muppet fans! :smile: I also have my own Disney page and since Disney bught the MUppets I wana now IF n e of u caool dudes lol have any muppet pics that icould add to my site! :smile: take care gang...

DisneyNut

Reaction score
Hello! I just found this board today! I've been a huge Muppet fan as long as I can remember! I run a Disney message board (link in sig) and am very excited about the merger between Disney and Henson. I'm going to be incorporating the muppets into mymain page and we've already begun discussing the muppets on the message board
I look forward to posting here too and getting to know all of you. If any of you would like to help me add some muppet related things to my main page, let me know!

Lazy J

Reaction score
Hi

Hello,
I found this place while trying to figure out what was going on with (whats left of) Disney .
Grew up with Seasame Street. Then Came TMS! I think that was our familys fav show during its run. Loved the first 3 movies.

rowf2755

Reaction score
Hello,

I Did Not See This Thread Yet!
But I Guess I Should Post As A New Member. I Am Jacob, And I LOVE The Muppets, :flirt: And This Forum Is For The Muppets So I Signed Up For It, And This Is A Neat Forum. I Love It. :smile:

BornBlue

Reaction score
Hello.

Considering this board is 46 pages long, I am unsure if anyone still reads it. But, my name is Matt and I have been a Muppet fan for as long as I can remember (I will be 25 in a month or so). I am from the suburbs of Philadelphia, PA and return there on weekends while working in NYC during the week. I loved the Muppet Movie when I was little and used to make my parent's play my Muppet Movie Soundtrack on 8-Track repeatedly. They lost it accidently-on purpose shortly thereafter. I have followed everything Muppet since.

I am a longtime reader of Muppet Central, but have just recently joined the forum.

So hello everyone!