New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

KrashKazoooie

Reaction score
Hello all, my names Hunter been a fan of the muppets and Sesame Street for 22 years and still going strong, even working on a puppet show of my own but also just thought I’d ask, how long has everyone had to wait for a reply from a fan letter to come back? I sent a fan letter to Brian Henson a month ago, Stacey Gordon on April 17th, and Caroll Spinney as of May 1st. I did request an autographed of a certain character that they’ve each portrayed but thought I’d ask the forum about it so I’ll know when to expect it if at all.
Welcome to Muppet Central!! I think it's awesome you're working on a puppet show of your own! Also, no, i wouldn't know how long responses take; never sent a letter myself. But again, welcome!!

KrashKazoooie

Reaction score
Hi my name is Kevin, my son is 7 and has recently found the muppets which I'm thrilled about. We've made some muppet puppets out of muppet plush dolls so far but we're hoping to make some. Does anyone know where we can find patterns for beaker or anyone else? We are still just learning but it's a great activity to do together. Thanks for letting me join!
Welcome to Muppet Central, Kevin!! I searched a bit for Beaker's patterns myself before, but nothing came up. I'd suggest creating your own if you'd feel up to it, though! There's some pretty cool puppet building tutorials on YouTube you can tweak to your liking. :smile:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hi my name is Kevin, my son is 7 and has recently found the muppets which I'm thrilled about. We've made some muppet puppets out of muppet plush dolls so far but we're hoping to make some. Does anyone know where we can find patterns for beaker or anyone else? We are still just learning but it's a great activity to do together. Thanks for letting me join!
Welcome to Muppet Central!

adijay

Reaction score
Hi there folks!
First of all thanks for accepting me!
My name is Nuno I'm 30 and I from Portugal.

I grew up with sesame street (Rua Sesamo over here) and as a kid I learnt alphabet, numbers, how to read and simple math with it. Unfortunately they only made a couple of seasons before they were shut down as they had Portuguese actors and some variations on the characters. Big Bird was called Poupas Amarelo (Yellow Bird) but he was actually orange!! Oscar the grouch was Ferrão (just a name not translatable) and instead of a metal bin he lived in a oak wine cask (now that I think of it, how wicked is that!?).

Aside from the TV show my father used to buy me the story books from sesame street and I've read them over and over (some of them I used to know them by heart!).

Anyway, I was brought to this forum because I was recently a father and all my child memories were brought back. I started to show the episodes to my daughter and she just get dazzled with the songs. Now I've started to show her as well the more recent seasons (in english). She loves specially The Count and all his counting songs!

Anyway, forgive me for dandering, I was brought to this forum because I had the idea of start building faithful repplicas of Sesame St puppets to entertain my daughter. As I work in healthcare at a major hospital I then set my goal to build these puppets to preform some storytelling for children in the pediatrics ward.

I'd love to start by building a Count von Count puppet. I've already bought foam, some antron fleece but I lack your expertise and obbviously the right patterns.

I just don't know very well were to start. But hope I can count with your support!

Cheers!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hi there folks!
First of all thanks for accepting me!
My name is Nuno I'm 30 and I from Portugal.

I grew up with sesame street (Rua Sesamo over here) and as a kid I learnt alphabet, numbers, how to read and simple math with it. Unfortunately they only made a couple of seasons before they were shut down as they had Portuguese actors and some variations on the characters. Big Bird was called Poupas Amarelo (Yellow Bird) but he was actually orange!! Oscar the grouch was Ferrão (just a name not translatable) and instead of a metal bin he lived in a oak wine cask (now that I think of it, how wicked is that!?).

Aside from the TV show my father used to buy me the story books from sesame street and I've read them over and over (some of them I used to know them by heart!).

Anyway, I was brought to this forum because I was recently a father and all my child memories were brought back. I started to show the episodes to my daughter and she just get dazzled with the songs. Now I've started to show her as well the more recent seasons (in english). She loves specially The Count and all his counting songs!

Anyway, forgive me for dandering, I was brought to this forum because I had the idea of start building faithful repplicas of Sesame St puppets to entertain my daughter. As I work in healthcare at a major hospital I then set my goal to build these puppets to preform some storytelling for children in the pediatrics ward.

I'd love to start by building a Count von Count puppet. I've already bought foam, some antron fleece but I lack your expertise and obbviously the right patterns.

I just don't know very well were to start. But hope I can count with your support!

Cheers!
Welcome to the forum!