New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Eliwen

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Muppetfans! I can't even begin to say how long i've lurked around here on and off, but I guess it's about time I check in and say hi!

My real name is Lisa, and I'm from the UK.

As most people here will be, I've been a fan of the Muppets (the Muppet show in particular) since I was a child and I continue to love them. I studied to be a dancer and actor, and did quite a bit of puppeteering whilst studying performance, so that's how my love of The Muppets sustained, from seeing them as beloved characters and performers in their own right, and then having a real interest in the people behind the scenes too.

I've never been part of a Muppet community so this is quite an eye opener! So... from my signature, you can probably guess who my fave Muppets are... but i'll also add that I have a real soft spot for Gonzo :concern: and obviously Kermie...:smile:

So for now it's just Hi I guess! I look forward to speaking with everyone here!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------------
Welcome in Nasubionna (may I humbly ask the origin of your name? unusual names fascinate me) and Eliwen (likewise)!

Your stay here will be greatly enhanced if you please remember to use only Muppet currency for the Jolt-a-bed machine; refrain from feeding Animal, ever; and use proper HAZMAT protection when in range of Link's cologne. Enjoy! :news:
-----------------------

Nasubionna

Reaction score
-----------------------
Welcome in Nasubionna (may I humbly ask the origin of your name? unusual names fascinate me) and Eliwen (likewise)!

Your stay here will be greatly enhanced if you please remember to use only Muppet currency for the Jolt-a-bed machine; refrain from feeding Animal, ever; and use proper HAZMAT protection when in range of Link's cologne. Enjoy! :news:
-----------------------
Thanks for the welcome, Newsmanfan! My username is kind of dorky.... I studied Japanese in school and was an exchange student, and I just always liked the sound of the Japanese word for "eggplant": "nasubi" (nah-soo-bee), so I took that word and tacked on the word for "woman" (onna, "oh-nah"). Taadaa! Relatively unique internet user name! So whenever I correspond with Japanese-speakers, I get lots of "hello, Eggplant-lady!" greetings. :B

Eliwen

Reaction score
-----------------------

-----------------------
My username is my nickname amongst my friends, taken from the first initial of my real name L, and Wen is taken from Arwen from the Lord of the Rings, as I'm a huge fan of JRR Tolkien and Elves in general :smile:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
My username is my nickname amongst my friends, taken from the first initial of my real name L, and Wen is taken from Arwen from the Lord of the Rings, as I'm a huge fan of JRR Tolkien and Elves in general :smile:
Woo! It's great to meet another Ringer amongst Muppets.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! New member, but long-time Muppet fan. I've loved Jim Henson and his creations for as long as I can remember. Some of my strongest and most beloved childhood memories involve his work... specifically "The Great Muppet Caper" and "The Muppet Movie" (as those were some of the few VHSs we had) and listening to our vinyl record of "The Frog Prince" over and over and over and over and over and over again with my big sister and dancing around/acting it out. Loved the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth, too, and I loved that Henson was working on the turtle costumes in the live-action Ninja Turtles movie (I loved the TMNT, too!)
I was pretty much convinced that I was going to work for Henson, since art is all I wanted to do. I loved building puppets and drawing pictures. My little world was crushed when he died (I was 9 years old - I remember so clearly where I was when my Dad told me the news, and the heartbreak I felt) and I think that my dream of doing art for a living died with him. :frown: Because what could possibly be as cool as working for the Jim Henson Company (and, I thought at that time, the man himself, since *surely* he would still be alive by the time I was grown up enough to work for him!)? The company just didn't seem the same after that, and my Muppet-love went slightly more dormant for much of the next two decades (though I always loved Muppet Christmas Carol and remember seeing Muppets From Space in the theater. I was always hopeful about new Muppet projects being awesome again, though I must say that the Muppet Wizard of Oz and Very Merry Muppet Christmas movie left a bad taste in my mouth). The new movie, however, has brought it ALL raging back, and I love the feeling of being really excited by the Muppets again.
While I don't do art professionally, I still love to draw for fun and am currently on a big Muppet fan art kick. I've been posting some of it to the Fan Art threads, and I hope you enjoy them. I look forward to participating here! :smile:
Welcome to the forum. Fantastic Link avatar too. Do you have any more art samples?

Cal

Reaction score
Hi ho everyone! New member, and... relatively new-term Muppet fan too, actually! I mean, don't get me wrong, I've always liked the Muppets. I've owned the first three volumes of "the Very Best of the Muppet Show" on DVD for a good few years now, and I have memories of watching the likes of a Muppet Family Christmas, the Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppets from Space and Muppet Treasure Island. But beyond that... I've never really been into the Muppets too much. Until last November; when the new film was released in America (note - I'm from the UK and haven't seen the new movie yet... ONLY A WEEK AND A DAY TO GO THOUGH!!!), and most of the circles of the internet I go on showed nothing but enthusiasm for the new film. So my interest in this film revival peaked, given my vague memories of some of the older Muppet films, and I ended up, for one reason for another, watching the original, "the Muppet Movie", and then the Great Muppet Caper, and then the Muppets Take Manhattan, and... I just ended up not being able to get enough of the antics of Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo and the rest. And now I'm officially a fan! Which is just a testament to the magic of Jim Henson, that his creations could still move and influence cynical individuals in their late teens such as myself.
And about a month or two ago, I found this place, have been lurking for a while, and today finally decided to join!
Amongst my favourite Muppet productions are the original Muppet Show, the Muppet Movie, the Muppets Christmas Carol, a Muppet Family Christmas, and the recent viral videos, and amongst my favourite Muppets are Rowlf, Fozzie, Gonzo, Dr Teeth, the Swedish Chef, Statler and Waldorf, Bunsen and Beaker, and... well, the list goes on. The whole Muppet gang are just a plethora of hilariously and beautifully written, appealing characters, and I love each of them.
So yeah. Enough of my nerdy rambling for now. Glad to now be a member of the forum!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Welcome Cal. We accept all muppet fans, new and old :big_grin:

Call me Sarge. I'm not as scary as I seem :wink:

Misskermie

Reaction score
Hey Cal. The UK sounds epic! And glad to have you!

P.S. Call me Jaz!