New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

vix

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi to evrybody in the group, and to see if anybody can help me,
My dad has just bought a Ford Model T and has been told it was used in one of the muppet movies or shows but thats all the sellers knew so im just wondering, if anybody would know how i would find out if its true? I would be grateful if anyone could give me some advice.
Thank you :smile:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I am Kim McFarland, and I have been a Muppet fan since before I knew the cool creatures on "Sesame Street" (which premiered when I was in diapers) were puppets. "The Muppet Show" is my favorite Muppet production, and I have a soft spot in my head for The Great Gonzo. I've recently had a relapse of Muppet fannishness, brought on by BOOM! bringing back some wonderful memories.

I perpetrate fan art and fanfic, which I plan to share here when/if I'm cleared to post.

Hamfan

Reaction score
Hamfan here....Actually a big fan of Miss Piggy's for over 30 years now! I love her style and confidence on the stage and screen...and her interjection of French language in any situation.

I have an extensive collection of Miss Piggy parafernalia...which I would love to tell you about..and maybe even consider selling.

If you are interested in hearing more...email me....

I have a few things listed on a few blogs I recently entered....http://misspiggyworld.wordpress.com

See ya later....:smile:

FRlover

Reaction score
Hi everyone! My name is Annamarie. I have been a long time muppet fan since i was little. I love the muppets so much! I can't wait to start posting to other muppet fans from all around the world! It's really nice to meet other people with such a similar interest! :smile: Oh and quick question. Does anyone have an idea on when Muppet Show Season 4 is coming out? I am dying to know and watch!

Greenlantern999

Reaction score
Hi all, my name is Patrick. I am a 26-year-old Muppet fan. Some of my earliest memories have to do with Sesame Street. When I was about three years old I got a 3-foot tall Big Bird for Christmas and I still have him, he is defiantly worse for the 26 years of wear and tear but he is well loved. I have always loved the Muppets in their many forms. When I was around 5 I used to do Fozzy Bear impersonations because I thought he was hilarious! I never liked it when Statler and Waldorf picked on him. When I got a little older I started identifying more with Gonzo, he is just so odd and wonderful and that is kind of how I saw myself for many years. Of course Kermit is the guy everyone aspires to be one day, the good guy, the guy who gives it his all and gets the rich and famous contract for his valiant efforts, any way as I got older I started to do impressions and some are pretty darn good which to this day has me very interested in voice acting jobs. Today I'm married to a wonderful girl who is also a Muppet fan and I own and operate a small Comic book store in Lansing Illinois with two of my best friends, while I go to school for art and graphic design. I have always loved the Muppets but something awoke in me in the last few years that I cannot deny. Jim Henson is one of my biggest inspirations of all time, as I am sure he is to many of you as well, not only did Jim basically help shape the person I am today with his weird and wonderful creations but with out ever knowing me he has helped inspire me to want to do good in the world, and he makes me believe that maybe I really can. I did a tribute drawing of Jim and Kermit a few months ago, I will post it some time soon, and I hope you will all enjoy it. One of the major reasons I am here (aside from my Muppet love) is the amazing palisades toy line. I had a few (Kermit, Fozzy, Piggy, Gonzo, Animal) but when the line was coming out I was still pretty young and poor so I missed out on a lot, but I always kept my eye open for the Jim Henson figure one day I came across him at a local toy resale shop and my amazingly wonderful wife ended up buying him for me as a surprise and since then I am completely recharged on the line and am trying to pick up where I left off. Also I am starting to get the itch to make some Muppets of my own and the puppetry section here has been amazingly helpful just with looking at other people’s questions so I can't wait to dive in! That is a short (long) introduction off me :smile: I look forward to hanging out and chatting with all of the cool, weird and wonderful folks here Thanks!

Patrick

SaraNorgeot

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I'm 30 years old & have always been a HUGE Muppet and anything to do with Jim Henson fan! One of my purses is a Dark Crystal metal vintage lunch box! People always have to comment on it. They love the memories it seems to bring back to them. I am so fascinated with the making of the actual Muppets & other characters. I am constantly looking to see what I can find with movies & behind the scenes.

My true passion is to one day be able to work on the actual fabrication of the characters. I drive my husband crazy with leaving sculpting & fabric lying around the house from something I'm working on. I would love advice on how I would even get started in that field professionally. I have been researching it but no luck so far. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. you can check out my sculpture characters on face book (under my name). let me know what you think.

Look forward to meeting some wonderful Muppet friends!

markmusical15

Reaction score
Hey fellow Muppeteers! =P

My name is Mark, and I am fairly new to building puppets-In saying that I have only built one puppet so far. His name is Arnold Feltawitz and his picture should show up as my profile picture. In recently discovering my love for puppet making, I wanted to share with all of you the joy and excitement that I had. I hope to make some great friends/mentors on Muppet Central and to have tons of fun!

So, C-ya later!

Mark =)

Adam Kreutinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, my name is Adam. im new to the forms. I am a costume and props maker for theater show locally in my area. I also build puppets. And i am just starting to get into performing with puppets. and i am enjoying it ever so much.

~Adam

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, Adam! Glad to see my pal at MC. I'm sure Zach will feel refreshed to have you here as well. :smile: The puppets you construct are beautiful!

Green Froggy

Reaction score
I am a huge fan of Muppets and Avenue Q, I want to make puppets and learn more of Jim Henson, I can't wait to start making fourms, bye.