New Feature: Change Username

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Well I think you solved your own problem there. You can't expect the staff to cater to just you and your problems or demand them to change the website because you dont like something aesthetically. Honestly, it's not a big deal as it is not negatively affecting your experience here, other than maybe being annoying to look at.
I agree with you.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I was able to Change it to my Youtube Username (ChickyBoy37) To be honest I was getting Tired of "Kuriboh Man"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm going to have to be a nay-sayer and say now I can see why this feature wasn't available previously, and a name change had to be something you spoke to Phil about: already since this has been implemented, I've noticed some members have changed their handles a number of times, and admittedly, it does get confusing after a while in trying to remember who's who when names are changed so frequently - despite there being the username histories and all. I haven't been keeping count, but wasn't there supposed to be limits on how many times members could change their names and how often?

I'm not saying that we need to take this feature away after it's been implemented (though, then again, it was nice that we finally had been allowed to post images in our signatures, but that rolled back almost immediately after it happened), but it does feel like already it's kind of being abused.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I'm going to have to be a nay-sayer and say now I can see why this feature wasn't available previously, and a name change had to be something you spoke to Phil about: already since this has been implemented, I've noticed some members have changed their handles a number of times, and admittedly, it does get confusing after a while in trying to remember who's who when names are changed so frequently - despite there being the username histories and all. I haven't been keeping count, but wasn't there supposed to be limits on how many times members could change their names and how often?

I'm not saying that we need to take this feature away after it's been implemented (though, then again, it was nice that we finally had been allowed to post images in our signatures, but that rolled back almost immediately after it happened), but it does feel like already it's kind of being abused.
On the other hand, since there's a max of three username changes per user, that means that once they've done it three times they can't change it again. Personally I like this system and think it works.

Just my two cents. :wink:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought there was supposed to be a limit, I couldn't remember. I just remember way back when, a name change was something you had to go through Phil to do.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually Snowth, as Diesel11 pointed out, a forum member has a max limit of 3 name change opportunities allowed to them.
:batty: Why 3?
*Cindy, The Three-Fingered Typist from Beetlejuice, holding up her hand: Rule #3, Rule of Three.

BlakeConor14 has already used up all three of his name changes.
And if a member wants their name changed, they still have to recur to Phil as he's the only member of the staff who currently has the power to grant said name changes.

Hope this answers your questions.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
BlakeConor14 has already used up all three of his name changes.
And if a member wants their name changed, they still have to recur to Phil as he's the only member of the staff who currently has the power to grant said name changes.

Hope this answers your questions.
But I thought it was just a matter of typing in the new name in a box and clicking submit, since the option is on the settings page. Is it not an automatic thing then? Does it still need to be approved before the change takes place?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
But I thought it was just a matter of typing in the new name in a box and clicking submit, since the option is on the settings page. Is it not an automatic thing then? Does it still need to be approved before the change takes place?
When I changed my username a couple months ago (I simply changed the lowercase "L" to an uppercase "L"), all I did was use the option in the settings and pressed submit like you said. I didn't have to go through any mod or admin.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I think he means once they've used up their three username changes allowed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, thanks for clarifying that Sarge. Didn't know that the User Name Change option is built into a member's profile/personal settings so they can perform the name change themselves. Sorry for the confusion. :embarrassed: