Needing some inspiration

Tonichelle

Reaction score
This november my parents will celebrate 25 years of marriage. My aunt and I have a huge party to plan, as well as a few other things..

what I need is help on ideas. I'm supposed to be in charge of how to break the big gift surprise to them. The gift is a family vacation to Walt Disney World, which we hope will be a 10 day trip (8 days in teh park 2 days of travel). This is a big secret and something we've been wanting to do since our trip in 04. My mom and my brother have never been. Dad and I have.

I'll give a bit of background on that. As most of you know, Duane was just a foster child while I was in high school and so his biological parents still had some control on what happend with him. His birth mother has never been a problem. She's the one that asked my parents to adopt Duane if it ever was possible. His dad, however, had 51% custody and had complete say in what went on. Top that off with a no good/lousy excuse for a human of a social worker (duane's first social worker was a jerk and was only in it for the money, thank GOD he left) and my parents were basically glorified babysitters.

Anyway in 2001-2002 school year, the high school band planned its spring break trip to Florida. It was going to be 10 days, and we were actually going to play at Epcot for Magic Music Days. My parents were all set to go and had even gotten a ticket for Duane when his bio. dad said no he couldn't go. Mom was not about to let Duane stay in another home while we all went, so she stayed behind. Dad didn't want to leave the band hanging without a male chaperone, so he stayed on.

My mom's only trips out of Alaska in the past 5 years has been for deaths in the family. So she's not gotten a vacation. And Duane's never been out of Alaska.

So we figured this trip would be great. My parents would have their own room at a resort... and I'd be with Duane in another room. my aunt and one of my cousins will also be on the trip.

I have a DisneyWorld vacation planning DVD that I know I'm going to show... but I want to be able to make the presentation so much more. We're also going to have Tshirts made, as soon as we figure out what to say so that they're really group tshirts (can't be the "Reitter Family Vacation" because my aunt's last name is Imperiale, and my cousin's last name is Metz lol) but we have a while to worry about that.

So what are some ideas to do? I'm not sure if we'll be at the house or at the church, but just throw out ideas... I think we're going to have a tropical kinda flare/theme... but again I'm not sure...