Need a little sympathy

SaraJayne

Reaction score
Today I feel absolutly awful! On my way to class (which is about 40 minutes from my house) I was stuck in awful snowy weather. I was behind a semi doing about 40mph on the high way and kicking up all kinds of snow in my face. Out of nowhere a cat appears in the middle of the highway and I hit it! I felt so awful that I bawled the rest of the way to class. I just needed to throw this out and I was hoping to get a few needed words of sympathy. To make matters worse I'm a cat lover with three of my own. :cry:

Beebers

Reaction score
Well, that's a bad/sad day. There's just not a whole lot one can do when these things happen, unfortunately. That's what makes it so hard. I feel crummy if I hit a squirrel, and they COURT it, let alone hitting anything else. I'm the lady you see pulled over on a summer's day helping turtles across the road because I know they'll never make it. One of my brothers years ago unavoidably hit a neighbor's dog who had come out of nowhere, my brother was broken up over that for some days. It's hard. Time takes care of it. Don't be too hard on yourself.

:sympathy: :sympathy: :sympathy: :sympathy:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, SarahJayne. :sympathy:

I ran over a cat once a couple of years ago---it was night, it darted, and it was too quick to avoid. I hate that too, ya just get that awful feelin' in the pit of your stomach. :frown:

Unfortunately I think more people accidentally hit an animal than we realize, and it's just so sad when you wish you coulda stopped it, but couldn't.

I'm sorry you had to go through that today.

SaraJayne

Reaction score
Thanks. Last summer I hit a squirrel and I felt awful about that!! I wouldn't drive on the road so I wouldn't have to see the poor thing. I think the thing that sucks the most is that the cat was somebody's pet, and I know how upset I'd be if one of my little guys got hit. It's only Tuesday and my week is already shot. On Monday my car broke down, and today before the cat incident, I had to get blood drawn. The blood thing wouldn't be so bad if I didn't hate needles so much, and it didn't take them two tries.
:smirk: :frown:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Sorry for your experience. I'm the kind of person who always feals bad after seeing any kind of dead animal on the road. Would it chear you up to watch me beat Byron?

SaraJayne

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
Sorry for your experience. I'm the kind of person who always feals bad after seeing any kind of dead animal on the road. Would it chear you up to watch me beat Byron?
:smile: Couldn't hurt. :wink:

Beebers

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
It would cheer me mightily if you'd deal with his socks. And those of his cohorts. Just beat them to oblivion. The socks. All of them.

:frown: :frown: :frown:

hdofu

Reaction score
It's not your fault, these things happen. you can't always avoid every animal.

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Beebers said:
It would cheer me mightily if you'd deal with his socks. And those of his cohorts. Just beat them to oblivion. The socks. All of them.

:frown: :frown: :frown:
Hmmm....I thouht you were talking a/b his cohorts.