My Dad Needs Prayers

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I know it's been a while...Wanted to let yall know aout my dad. As some of yall may remember, I live in Louisiana, andwe recently were threatened by Hurricane Ivan. (God bless the people in Mississippi and Florida. Seriously.) Well, two days ago, while were preparing for the hurricane, my dad went up on a big ladder to cut down some branches...And he fell. Really far. I was asleep when it happpened, but my little brother was outside, and he saw it all. I woke up as soon as I heard my little brother running in, screaming, "Somebody call an ambulance! I think Dad's dead!" I still can't get the sound of Dad's breathing out of my head...At first, I thought it was the chainsaw, sputtering...My little sister, who was also woken up by my little brother's screaming, just laid right back down and started sobbing...She didn't get out of bed until the helicopter came. They couldn't airlift Dad out, but they took him to the hospital in an ambulance. I've never seen my Mom shake so much. When one of the paramedics picked up one of the branches Dad was trimming, Dad's glasses fell out.
He's been in the hospital for two days now. He's been heavily sedated until just this evening, and they also just took the tube out of his throat. They had him on a machine to help his breathing, but he started breathing completely on his own as of earlier this afternoon. He has some broken ribs, a broken collarbone, and a head injury. He's doing much better, even started talking, but he could still use more prayers. My whole family could, especially my Mom, my little brother who saw what happened, my little sister, and my older sister, who's married now, and feels really guilty because she evacuated to Arkansas and couldn't get back until this morning.
This is the scariest thing that's ever happened to my family. My dad means so much to us, we couldn't go on without him. I just asks that you keep usall in your prayers. Thanks.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
I am so sorry that this happened. Your father and your family will be in my thoughts and my prayers.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I second that. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time in your life.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about this, but I'm glad your dad is getting better. Don't worry, God's got a reason for letting this happen (check out Matthew 10:29). I'll definitely be praying for you guys!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time Manda. <mind hug>

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thats a horrible thing to happen, I hope he is ok! We will be thinking of you and your family.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are for you and your family.Hopefully this doesn't happen again.:smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Manda, your family is in my prayers. I hope the best comes out of it.

With lots of love,
Sarah