My Dad Needs Prayers

King Jim

Reaction score
Sorry about what happen to your father. The same thing happen to my dad 31 years ago. I feel your pain.

It was may of 1973. My Dad was cutting down a tree branch. He saw a squirrel, he screamed and slipped. Luckly... he fell in a bush. But he broke his leg and had bad cuts. Plus he had gogles on. So his eye's were ok.

Your Dad will be fine and he is in my prayers.

P

Princeton

I will be praying for you as well, Manda. You should just be thankful that he's not seriously hurt. I don't know what I would do if something happened to my dad. Keep us posted :wink: .

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oh, how awful. :sympathy: I'm glad he's improving. These hurricanes are really intense. I really hope he's ok! I'll be thinking about you! :halo:
Erin

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Thanks so much, yall. I wanted to let yall know cause I have what I think are really good friends here, and I've missed you guys a ton. He's doing better, though there's still swelling on the brain, and his right arm & hand are both broken. My Dad's so stubborn, though, he's been insisting he's fine and he's ready to go home. You guys are wonderful. Big hugs for everyone!

McFraggle

Reaction score
That's good that he's doing better. Best wishes Manda. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
I have no idea why this kind of thing happens to such strong good people, I like to think everything happens for a reason and that good comes from everything...but alas, I think we all felt sunken and helpless for ya guys after reading that. I can't imagine how ya guys are copin, thankfully it sounds from what ya said like it was pretty devestating, but not beyond repair and time. With your family, friends and communities thoughts Im sure he will pull through.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Oh my gosh :cry: Sorry to hear that. Your Dad is in our prayers. I'm glad he's doing better still sorry to have read about that. My dad had his thumb smashed a month ago. He's doing fine I just wanted to tell you that just to take some presser off your sholder.

Still sorry tho' :cry:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
God will work it all out for good!

Don't worry Manda. I have prayed for your father and I know God will hear all of our prayers and keep you and your family in perfect peace. (Check Romans 8:28- all things work out for the good of those who love God.)

Don't worry, God's got a reason for letting this happen (check out Matthew 10:29).
Awesome verse, scarylarrywolf! :smile:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
(Check Romans 8:28- all things work out for the good of those who love God.)
Coolest thing there, GonzoLeaper-A friend quoted that verse to me after they heard about my Dad! I've now claimed it as "my" verse!
It's amazing how much tinier everything else seems in comparison to this...For instance, I'm usually really obsessive about my studies, but I have a draft for a paper due tomorrow, and I really don't care much if it's perfect or not. (For the past few days, I've been like, "Paper? What paper?") When your Dad's in the hospital, it doesn't seem to matter much whether or not you have an A in English. (I know, I know...That does NOT, however, mean that I can shirk my studies.)
Meanwhile, we had all this family drama going on w/my sister's in-laws before Dad'saccident, and now it all seems so....stupid. Well, actually, it seemed stupid before, but it's just worse, now. How can all that matter when such horrible things, like what just happened in Russia, or the kidnappings and beheadings of CIVILLIANS, are going on in the world? And yet, to them, it does. I just don't get it.