My blinking puppet

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Wow, I was expecting some sort of string mechanism, very cool. Does your finger come throiugh the opening and pull that lever? It looks like it sort of sticks out from between the eyes, how did you conceal it in such a way that a "ridge or hump" didn't show when you put fabric on him?

practicecactus

Reaction score
*Strings?..Bah!..doesn't seem right.I want something a little more reliable.
*Yeah, rude finger sticks up a little and moves the little lever thing (works great) up down, thus blinking the eyes.I tried having the one peice of wire but it didn't work, so I made an elbow in it so it moved parrallel with the finger movents, it quite ergonomic.(I quickly learned that, you have to have the loops the way I have it now or it doesn't work as good, kinda hard to explain)
*How did I conceal it..I have stumpy fingers, so it all just kinda touches the fur(right between the eyes).I just glued the edges ,around the eye openings, back so you can't see the fur backing and it kinda works ,but very amateurish.
I reackon this could be used to move a brow too, and just as easily to move eyes up and down(that'd make for a good synical character, rolling of eyes, looking down )