My blinking puppet

practicecactus

Reaction score
This is the second puppet I've made (the first being the happy chappy you see in my avatar) and decided to make his eyes blink.
Haven't made the body yet, but I just wanted to post him here anyway.
The blinking mechanism works beautifully, don't have to move any fingers around , works great , and he can go from "fully opened eyes" to "fully closed eyes".
Like I said, only my second puppet, so I'm still learning as I go.
..and yeah, I know, he looks pretty Muppety, but I will do different stuff once I get the hang of it.
eyes opened
eyes closed

shtick

Reaction score
Muppety Puppet

practicecactus said:
..and yeah, I know, he looks pretty Muppety, but I will do different stuff once I get the hang of it.
I'm sure you read this quote by Rick Lyon, but let me bring it in here:

“I am a little weary of hearing puppets designed in the style of the Muppets being dismissed as derivative…no one would dismiss a bunraku style puppet as being derivative. Picasso might have invented cubism, but that does not mean artists who emulated the cubist style lacked originality, or inspiration.”

Theres nothing wrong with a muppety puppet! There is no lack of creativity o originality when working in a certain style!

shtick

Reaction score
Muppety Puppet?

practicecactus said:
I'm sure you read this quote by Rick Lyon, but let me bring it in here:

“I am a little weary of hearing puppets designed in the style of the Muppets being dismissed as derivative…no one would dismiss a bunraku style puppet as being derivative. Picasso might have invented cubism, but that does not mean artists who emulated the cubist style lacked originality, or inspiration.”

Theres nothing wrong with a muppety puppet! There is no lack of creativity o originality when working in a certain style!

Iokitek

Reaction score
I don't even really think it looks that Muppety :smile: great work on the eyes. pretty good for your second try.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
So you ARE going to share how you constructed your mechanisim.... right? :wink:

Nice work by-the-way.

-Michele

practicecactus

Reaction score
Hmmm.. no response to the blinking mechanism I posted. Don't know wether to take that as a good or bad thing. :zany:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
WOw, that's so very cool! I've alwats wanted to build a puppet, though I don't know how to start. Your furry red monster looks lovely!
And I'm very impressed with the fact that it blinks. :big_grin: