MuppetVille

scarecroe

Reaction score
Hi guys. Muppetville was just a pitch and never got beyond the idea phase. Kurt Hanks created the artwork.

Luke

Reaction score
I'd love a hi-res of that artwork, would love to frame it

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
No toon town is a on-line game-Dwayne

Luke are you really in London, england? If so that is so cool!
No there was (and STILL is) a Toon Town at Disneyland and Mickeys Toon Town Fair at Walt Disney world waaaay before there was a Toon Town Online.com

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Muppetville.gif

You know I never knew the history of this plan. I wish Disney would create more of a Muppet section for their parks, but they're having enough financial woes these days.

Does anyone know more particulars about MuppetVille?
Wow, now that is a very detailed picture. was it meant to be like a theme park or is it more of a town thing. Its hard to tell :search:

Luke

Reaction score
oh wow just looked back on that pic and it is hi-res, nice artwork.

So whats the deal with this - an official Henson or Disney pitch? Its so detailed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No there was (and STILL is) a Toon Town at Disneyland and Mickeys Toon Town Fair at Walt Disney world waaaay before there was a Toon Town Online.com

And let's not forget the idea was taken from the Roger Rabbit film.

Of course, I always took Toon Town as the small ethnic ghettos, and the very word "Toon" as a pre-PC acceptible slur that the humans came up with. Sort of like how Tiny Toons referred to old B&W cartoons as "Two Tones." But now i'm burried under different points of irrelevance.

It's just as well this park was never made... I'd probably never wind up visiting it.

Man, beats the heck out of Sesame Place, conceptually....
(not that I'm not dying to go there)

RyGuy

Reaction score
I think "Muppetville " would make a great name for a new television program starring the Disney Muppets . I recall that back in 2003 there were mublings of a program that was planned to be along those lines and I think it should air on Disney Channel. If the planned Segel /stroller release does suitably well , I think a sitcom called "Muppetville " would work .

If I recall there was talk of a program called "Muppets Rule the Mall "back in June of 2003 . The reason I'm harking back to this topic is the fact the Muppetville could be a community with stores restraunts Bunsen could be in charge of Electronics, fozzie could run a comedy club, Rowlf could sing a lounge at night and run a kennel in the daytime . and the "guest Stars " could be neighbors or customers of the stores .

I think Disney knows the Muppets well enough . IF the DC live special gets decent ratings , this would be an expansion . It is better to take small steps . I think a theme park would be going a little overboard . Disney has two very successful park that get lots of visitors per year . I think if there were going to be such aplace it would have happened during Jim Henson's lifetime .

Back on topic now , since the muppets neeed a show to introduce themselves on their own, this could be the answe to this delima.