Muppets Wizard of Oz Character Questions

BEAR

Reaction score
you forgot about Camilla. Also, Floyd was not the leader of the Flying Monkeys. He was with the Electric Mayhem in the Poppy Club. Sal and Johnny were the leaders of the Monkeys. Also in the gang were Crazy Harry, Sweetums, Old Tom, Angel Marie, and a few others.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well...

1 It's not that I forgot about Camilla, it's just that she is herself in this Muppet production. Unless you think it just to include her as "The Tin Thing's Girlfriend" but I'll deffer to my sources on that one.
2 There's Floyd from the Electric Mayhem who were at the Poppy Fields Night Club. But there's this character named Floyd who replies that he finished filling the Witch of the West's bathwater with water from the hose. Is this second Floyd a completely different character? If so, please describe what he looks like and if he should be added to the list.
3 Based on the guys in the Flying Monkeys, should these be added to the list? Or should the entry for the Flying Monkeys be eliminated?
Hope to get some answers soon, and be sure to check out my last post in the "Muppet Listings 15.0" thread for the rest of my MWoO questions.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's the GALE family who goes to Oz. (Actually, in Emerald City of Oz Dorothy, Em, and Henry all go to live in Oz, and in a later book Toto DOES talk).

Good Witch of the North doesn't hyphenate her name: it's Tattypoo.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ed: The character who "topped it off with a hose" is not named Floyd, he is named Angel Marie. He first showed up in MTI, and here he's a prominent member of the Flying Monkeys. He has a huge round head, two pigtails, warts, wrinkles, a fat stomach and speaks with a deep voice. I would add him to the list, as he played a good-sized role here. He is performed by John Kennedy. I see where the confusion came from: John also performs Floyd from the Poppyfields Night Club. This is the only Floyd in the movie. Hope this helps! -Liam

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Will drop the hyphen from "Tatty-poo" to "Tattypoo".
Angel Marie's already in the list, from MTI.
Here are some other lingering questions I'd appreciate you guys answering.
1 Should Sam the Eagle be added as "The Emerald City Doorman"?
Should Sam the Eagle be added as "The Soldier" as listed on www.toughpigs.com's cast list?
2 Should Scooter be added as "The Wizard's Assistant"?
3 Should Bunsen and Beaker be added as "The Emerald City Scientists"?
Though these Muppets appeared as themselves, they could be added per the headings attached with the role they played within the structured Emerald City
hierarchy.
4 Should Clifford be added as "The Poppy Field Club Owner"?
5 Should "The Crow" and/or "The Cow" be added? Or should they be left off the list?
6 Was Very Old Tom the same character as Really Old Tom from MTI?
If these were two different characters, please describe how they differ from each other.
7 Who was the character identified as "Spotted Dick"? Please describe what it looked like.
8 What were the four forms the Wizard adopted during interviews with the main gang?
Also, please provide the actress's name who portrayed the chicken temptress.
9 Who are the Savage Bunnies? Should they be added?
Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Would also appreciate help with descripts of the cast from MWoO, but I guess I'll have to wait till some of my other trusted sources get the DVD in August.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Ed:

In response to your question regarding Clifford, I would add him as "The Poppyfields Bouncer" and not the owner. It seems that his role was more of a bouncer, as the owner would probably be inside somewhere and not outside the building as he was. The rest of the characters seem pretty good. I have no idea who the Flying Bunnies are, sorry. -Liam

Erine81981

Reaction score
Spotted Dick was the Alagator from MTI. He purple with a long snout. He looked just like he did in the MTI. I'm not really for sure if he did but he was one of the flying monkey characters. The Slave Bunnies are just bunnies that were proubley that were in "Picnic Bunny" speical. Just two anything bunnies I guess. No names for them. There were only 2.

Thats about it. I'll go watch some more to help you out more.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK thanks. So, recapping...

Spotted Dick: The puppet used as Purple Hunchback I've already got listed from MTI. But since it was given the name of "Spotted Dick" it'll be added as a new entry.
The Savage Bunnies: These were the ones tht appeared when we meet the Cowardly Lion in the forest. The Lion's afraid of even the bunnies, savage bunnies. That was a bit I liked, reminded me of the savage bunny from Holy Grail.
You think Clifford should be added, uner the heading of "Poppy Fields Club Bouncer"? OK, will do.
Would appreciate any help with the rest of the questions posted above.