Muppets Tonight...?

Drtooth

Reaction score
In the mean time, WHEN ARE WE GETTING SEASONS 4 AND 5!

4 is coming out next year for some unknown reason (they stated that the music rights were hammered out, but I personally believe there was a gonk on at least 3 or 4 songs). 5 should HOPEFULLY follow either the next year, or in a few months after it.

The Jim Henson Hour as we knew it will probably never be seen again in reruns or dvd release thanks to all the logistical nightmares in releasing that series in anything resembling a complete form since you'd be looking at a split rights between Disney/Henson (plus Sesame Workshop when you factor in the SST 20 And Still Counting episode which was produced as a JHH episode even though in the USA, it didn't air as one). Sadly we know that while Disney has mostly been pretty decent where the Muppets are concerned, the old EEEVIL Disney Spirit is alive and well in terms of sharing dvd release rights as we all know!
I really hate logistics and garbage like that. It's a shame more companies can't just learn to split potential profits when working things together... but this is the SAME EXACT thing that's stopping us from ever getting the 1960's Batman. Honestly, I think they could release both the Muppet Central and Jim Henson hour segments separately by the will of both companies... you just have episodes like Dog City and the Sesame Street special that wouldn't be used.