Muppets Tonight...?

Pickleberry13

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are planning to put Muppets Tonight onto DVD? Cuse I think it would be awesome if they did....

Beauregard

Reaction score
Here's hoping!

There's not been any official word, actually. We know that they are gradually (and sloo-oo-oowly) putting The Muppet Show onto dvd, and they are using Modern Versions of the Muppets on the cover art, which suggests to me that they think that people are more interested in the Modern Muppet look, than old TMS...Therefore, I'd assume that once they are done with putting TMS on dvd they should (if they know what's good for them) follow it up with Muppets Tonight, and the Muppet halves of Jim Henson Hour.

Nick22

Reaction score
i'd love to see muppet tonight on dvd. but that wont be for a while since the muppet show is taking just about FOREVER to be put out.

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have to agree with the others... I'd love to see Muppets Tonight get an official DVD release someday (even if I already have the entire series). However, it certainly won't happen until they finish releasing the remaing two seasons of The Muppet Show (the wait for that is pure agony!).

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Brian Henson himself has stated that he would love to see Muppets Tonight get a dvd release after the Muppet show.

I would have to image though that getting the song rights for Muppets tonight would be even harder than the Muppet show, since those songs are more recent.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Disney also stated way back when the first box set came out that if sales go well they hope to release Muppets Tonight after all five seasons of the Muppet Show come out (of course that was two leaders of Muppet Studios ago, but i doubt that sentiment would have changed!)

The Jim Henson Hour as we knew it will probably never be seen again in reruns or dvd release thanks to all the logistical nightmares in releasing that series in anything resembling a complete form since you'd be looking at a split rights between Disney/Henson (plus Sesame Workshop when you factor in the SST 20 And Still Counting episode which was produced as a JHH episode even though in the USA, it didn't air as one). Sadly we know that while Disney has mostly been pretty decent where the Muppets are concerned, the old EEEVIL Disney Spirit is alive and well in terms of sharing dvd release rights as we all know!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Funny...I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully they will. I don't know how I missed it on TV. But it's like The Muppet Show right?

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I think whether or not it will be released will be dependent on whether or not it's expected to make money, so as long as the Muppet Show seasons sell well, i'd expect to see it

In the mean time, WHEN ARE WE GETTING SEASONS 4 AND 5!