Muppets Take Manhattan DVD question

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a question about the DVD of Muppets Take Manhattan. I heard on Muppet Wiki that DVD version had edited. They said they edited the part where Art Carney was holding Camilla and Gonzo as hostage when Animal was holding the doorway and says "Bad Man." Is it true or is it there on the dvd? Thanks.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Its on the DVD. Just not on video, at least I think. All I know is that its on the DVD.

akmonday

Reaction score
I have a more general question about this: why isn't this film available as a "Kermit's 50th anniversary" edition? does the current DVD transfer look completely lousy? The original Muppet Movie DVD transfer is a mess and the 50th is an improvement (though there are other problems with it).

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
The reason for that is the distributor of the 50th anniversery DVDs (Disney) doses not own the rights to distribute that movie (or Muppets From Space for that matter) Those two are owned by Columbia Pictures. I don't think they can release Kermit Swamp Years for the same reason. I also think they can't relese Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie because its owned by NBC and MGM. Hope that answeres your question. Welcome to MC by the way.