Muppets Sherlock Holmes

Drtooth

Reaction score
I got mine today too. And... well, after reading it I feel pretty meh. It wasn't particularly Muppety to me. I miss the Muppets being themselves, grabbing the story and running with it to the horizons the way the did in MSW. I want to like this series, but even Mebberson's lovely art can't carry it all.
They are quite a bit better than the Robin Hoods. The second issue isn't particularly great... and I think other than Gonzo there really isn't much of a stretch for the characters to be themselves playing the part. Surely Kermit's LeStrade is a lot more lenient and almost tolerant of Gonzo Sherlock's than the actual LeStrade. But it doesn't seem to be the room to have the characters just be themselves and the roles at the same time (again, except Gonzo). There was something about the first issue that wasn't quite captured in the second issue, but the third issue almost had it. If anything, the extended periods of pun dialogue should be whittled down a might. Though I agree, with Muppet King Arthur and Muppet Snow White, they managed to take the essence of the Muppets, and not so much have them cast in the roles, but rather playing themselves AS the roles.

Muppet King Arthur especially. Out of all the other series, I feel that one actually got the ultimate subtleties of Kermit... I'm forgiving about that, since he is a very subtle character to write for. With KA, they even ended it the way Kermit would have, making everyone happy, even the villains/antagonists.

I am a bit soft on these things, though..> i've read so many BAD comic interpretations of characters over the years... the words Gold Key come to mind....

That said, Amy's Pepe has gotten much, much better. He resembles the puppet very closely, instead of being a more childlike interpretation.