Muppets sequel plot and promotional photo in Entertainment Weekly

Stacey Riley

Reaction score
I'm actually on the Muppet Wiki right now reading over the plot for The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made! and I must say apart from there being two Kermit's in this one I can see a lot of similarities between that movie and this one. That's why I was probably so happy when the plot was revealed but now it's got me thinking. If Gonzo, Rizzo and Pepe are going to have the same amount of screen time as last time then why not just take them out of the movie entirely and have them interupt the movie every now and again as directors who actually get involved in the film themselves at certain points.

:grr: just thinking out loud
I like this idea. Wish I knew why Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe were getting so little screen time. *sigh*

Drtooth

Reaction score
Gonzo's screen time was minimal in the last film due to him being used as a brick joke. He was present in almost every single deleted sequence. I'm sure they're going to give him a much more substantial role this time around. If nothing else, I doubt he's going to spend the last 20 minutes of the movie revving up a bowling ball throw.

As for Rizzo, his biggest role in the classic three films was MTM. Even then, he shared screen time with the rest of the rats. His appearance in GMC was a line in a song. He only blew up in the next three post-Henson films. The last film was going for a classic film/the last 3 films didn't happen feel, so it does make sense why they'd ignore Rizzo and Pepe. Still, I don't see why everyone sweats that when we had Uncle Deadly in a major film role.

Stacey Riley

Reaction score
Ah I see! I'm from the Muppet Christmas Carol generation and I'm missing the Gonzo/Rizzo banter! *sniffle*

As an aside I wish Disney would release series 4 and 5 on DVD as I've not seen them yet as I wasn't even born when they first aired!*

*Only just though as I was born in 1982. I'm definitely of the Fraggle generation!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know why we should suspect Gonzo to not have a big role in this one. I would like to assume that it'll be at least a little bigger than last time, but even then his role wasn't that minor. Even though it seems like outside of his comeback scene and scenes involving the bowling ball act he doesn't really talk much. I feel his role was similarly small in The Muppets Take Manhattan, but at least he had dialogue in most of the group scenes he was in.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I like this idea. Wish I knew why Gonzo, Rizzo, and Pepe were getting so little screen time. *sigh*
Well see when they were getting the screen time we were wishing we knew why the other characters weren't, hehe. :wink:

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
If you look closely at the paper Rowlf is reading, Bobo the bear can be seen on the front page! I'd love to see him back! :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I see Pepe and Robin on that Muppet Show poster; here's hoping they both have something to do in the film.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
:news: *bounce bounce bounce* *fret fret fret* *scowl scowl scowl*

Someone give me a cryo chamber please? I have an irritable Muppet here who doesn't want to wait to give his Daily Muppet report...

--------------