Muppets sequel plot and promotional photo in Entertainment Weekly

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Or you could just enjoy the publicity without being all obsessive about what they're going to give us in the movie. (This from someone who is currently writing chapter 141 in a muppet fanfic started almost seven years ago.) I'm not criticizing obsessive interest in the movie, but I am saying, "If you want to be surprised, don't snoop." If you want to snoop, don't be surprised if some of the, er, surprise is diminished.
Everyone should choose their own level of interest--and own it. I'm going to do what I did last time, which was a little snooping and a lot of hoping. The midnight movie was a lovely surprise when it came, and nothing that I learned ruined anything I saw.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's really a double edged sword to get the plot details over a year before the film. We know the direction the story is going to take, but we ruin the surprise of what the story is before we see it. Remember when the original script was leaked and it said that it ended with the Mahna Mahna bit? Wouldn't it have made more of an impact if we didn't know that?
I didn't mind any of the spoilers, but I hope they don't over-do it with the parody trailers. I enjoyed the first three teasers/parody trailers, and then the real trailer... But when they started doing parody trailers again after the official trailer came out, I thought "Really??" I also felt the same way about them creating a few new parody trailers for the blu-ray. That space could have been saved to include more deleted scenes, or even the official trailer.

Was the script really leaked online before the movie came out (I know somebody pointed out it was online after the film was released, though I still haven't looked at it)? I know the script was reviewed by ain't it cool news and tough pigs, but I thought they were just given scripts to review by the companies, due to one being an entertainment site and the other being a high-profile Muppet fan site. In fact at the same time tough pigs reviewed the still-unproduced Fraggle Rock movie script. Makes me wonder if tough pigs will get to review this movie's script (or even the upcoming Sesame Street movie).

Of the characters in that image, I wonder how many will be featured enough in the film. I wonder if Foo-Foo will have a role (other than a brief background role) or if they just put her in the image.

Slightly off-topic, but has anybody noticed how all the characters who were rebuilt for this movie after all these years have been seemingly absent since the "Scratching the Surface" bonus feature? They were absent from the Just for Laughs festival, the Cee-Lo Green music video, and now this image, but we've continued to see characters who had been in constant use in the years before The Muppets came out. Since they're on a world tour putting on a show then I assume many more will be there, probably traveling seperately or in different train platforms. Still, for this image, it would be great if they'd have at least included Link or Thog.

I had wondered how the Muppets would travel on their tour (this image depicts them at a train station... I wonder if that'll really be in the movie). With them being world-famous I wonder if they'll take a limo or plane, or if they'll actually travel more cheaply, like taking a bad bus. It would be cool if they could use the Electric Mayhem bus again.

Scooters Jacket

Reaction score
For those of you missing Robin, he is on the Muppet Show poster in these photos (just above/left of Fozzie). Hopefully that's a good sign. With the movie centering on Kermit it would make sense for him to appear.

j3h

Reaction score
I WANT A 27 X 40 COPY OF THE POSTER BEHIND SAM.... NOW!

cc
I asked Acme Archives on twitter if they could get on this right away, I haz monies :rolleyes: :smile:

They said that they have a lot of muppet stuff coming up soon and that they will look into that particular poster.

crazy chris

Reaction score
I asked Acme Archives on twitter if they could get on this right away, I haz monies :rolleyes: :smile:

They said that they have a lot of muppet stuff coming up soon and that they will look into that particular poster.
LOVE IT!!

cc

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I noticed Rowlf's newspaper has part of the photo itself on it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This has some interesting points, I'm just worried that this is going to be to "kiddy".

Drtooth

Reaction score
The evil twin trope is most used in Soap Operas. That's pretty far from kiddy.

Let's see how it plays out.