Muppets sequel plot and promotional photo in Entertainment Weekly

Drtooth

Reaction score
It sounds good to me. Anyone else think that Constantine will look nothing like Kermit, kind of like the Fozzie gag from "The Great Muppet Caper?"
Which would be funny, but I just noticed the Wanted poster in the Entrainment Weekly photo shoot. So that's not going to happen.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I made this point last movie, but it just THRILLS me to see Scooter getting some fashionable jeans. Imagine the trauma the poor guy went through having to wear old-lady jeans all those years? Likewise, Floyd Pepper is styling a new pair of denims.

I am more than thrilled to see Walter return. I was a little worried about him only being hired for the one movie, and I wanted to feel that what happened in the movie--that he was asked to become part of the family--was what really happened in real life. I imagine he'll be invaluable following along after Piggy and carrying her things, and cheering everyone on when they are down (or stuck in a cargo car with Sweetums for a 15-hour train ride).

What does it say that Gonzo is the most sedate, buttoned-down looking muppet in the whole picture? He is, however, standing on a newspaper dispenser (I think), so there's hope for him yet. He did go looking for interesting things at Walt Disney World, including the used-paper-cup collection in all the trash bins so if there is adventure to be had, I feel certain Gonzo will find it. And I'm glad to see that he's doing it with Camilla at his side.

It is unnecessary to say with what grace and style Piggy captures the fashion world and the stage yet again. How nice to see her plump and perfect form so chic and well-cared for. Her close-up with Ricky and Kermit is stunning! (The camera loves you, Sweetie!) Here's hoping that they have enough sense to let Piggy travel in the style to which she has become accustomed (and that they remember to bring along a dining car).

And surely I am not the only one who sees the romantic problems and plot twists that might ensue from a villainous (but possibly willing) frog and a respectable but slow-starting frog when it comes to the glamorous Miss Piggy. Kermit has shown a marked penchant for wanting Piggy without quite knowing what to do with her once he gets her. Will the villainous Constantine challenge Kermit on the romantic front as well? I see MUCH ADO TO BE MADE with this look-alike. (I hoping for at least one bout of jealous, arm-waving hysteria from Kermit--they cheated us out of that in the last movie.)

I'm glad to see the Disney promotion machine willing to work for our guys.

RealWonderman

Reaction score
I made this point last movie, but it just THRILLS me to see Scooter getting some fashionable jeans. Imagine the trauma the poor guy went through having to wear old-lady jeans all those years? Likewise, Floyd Pepper is styling a new pair of denims.

I am more than thrilled to see Walter return. I was a little worried about him only being hired for the one movie, and I wanted to feel that what happened in the movie--that he was asked to become part of the family--was what really happened in real life. I imagine he'll be invaluable following along after Piggy and carrying her things, and cheering everyone on when they are down (or stuck in a cargo car with Sweetums for a 15-hour train ride).

What does it say that Gonzo is the most sedate, buttoned-down looking muppet in the whole picture? He is, however, standing on a newspaper dispenser (I think), so there's hope for him yet. He did go looking for interesting things at Walt Diseny World, including the used-paper-cup collection in all the trash bins so if there is adventure to be had, I feel certain Gonzo will find it. And I'm glad to see that he's doing it with Camilla at his side.

It is unnecessary to say with what grace and style Piggy captures the fashion world and the stage yet again. How nice to see her plump and perfect form so chic and well-cared for. Her close-up with Ricky and Kermit is stunning! (The camera loves you, Sweetie!) Here's hoping that they have enough sense to let Piggy travel in the style to which she has become accustomed (and that they remember to bring along a dining car).

And surely I am not the only one who sees the romantic problems and plot twists that might ensue from a villainous (but possible willing) frog and a respectable but slow-starting frog when it comes to the glamorous Miss Piggy. Kermit has shown a marked penchant for wanting Piggy without quite knowing what to do with her once he gets her. Will the villainous Constantine challenge Kermit on the romantic front as well? I see MUCH ADO TO BE MADE with this look-alike. (I hoping for at least one bout of jealous, arm-waving hysteria from Kermit--they cheated us out of that in the last movie.)

LOVE THIS POST!!!

dwmckim

Reaction score
As Dwmckim said, the platfrom the Muppets are on is a throwback to the Muppet Show.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Platform_Two
I don't know if that was deliberate or ever in anyone's mind at any point; it was more than likely something not thought about and named as such to carry the theme of "sequels" "#2", "twins", etc...but as a Muppet Freak *I* pick up on a detail like that even if no one else does!!

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
This is one of the things that totally made my week! I can't believe they are coming out with plot details and promo pics already but I am not complaining!

The promo pics look GORGEOUS!! So many great little details: rat bellhops, both Kermit and Rowlf with a copy of the Daily Muppet (one of my favorite Muppet Babies episodes...hehe), Piggy looks great and the posters on the walls were awesome! They should totally make this into a movie poster somehow... I did miss characters like Rizzo, Pepe, and others in the pic though...

And now on to the plot details: I cannot tell you how excited I am about this!!! I really like the idea to do a homage to 60's "pink panther" crime caper as James Bobin states in the Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2013/jan/31/muppets-again-ricky-gervais

Also super excited that all the human co-stars are just that: co-stars...finally it looks like the Muppets are front and center again which is fantastic!!! Also love what someone said earlier about how it continues on with the theme that putting on a show is what the Muppets do best and that it's cool they are doing their show on this "world tour". I feel so much better knowing that Ricky Gervais is playing a side-kick for the movie's villian; I think he is perfectly suited for this role versus the type of role that Jason Segel played in the last film. The Kermit doppleganger thing I think will be really fun depending on what they do with it, but I do wish they would have given him something else to steal other than a big diamond...too close to GMC I think.

SUPER EXCITED that classic songs are going to be featured, but I wonder what they are: I would personally love it if "the first time it happens" shows up, along with a little bit of "happiness hotel" and "couldn't we ride" (hoping for a new bicycle scene too, that would be EPIC!!!). Looking forward to the new songs too...

And surely I am not the only one who sees the romantic problems and plot twists that might ensue from a villainous (but possibly willing) frog and a respectable but slow-starting frog when it comes to the glamorous Miss Piggy. Kermit has shown a marked penchant for wanting Piggy without quite knowing what to do with her once he gets her. Will the villainous Constantine challenge Kermit on the romantic front as well? I see MUCH ADO TO BE MADE with this look-alike. (I hoping for at least one bout of jealous, arm-waving hysteria from Kermit--they cheated us out of that in the last movie.)

I couldn't agree more!! I am hoping and praying for romantic plot twists in this film (we need more romance from our favorite couple especially after they took out the whole Kermit/Piggy back story in the last film). I would love it if Constantine tries to woo Miss Piggy and convince her that he is either Kermit or better than Kermit and having the real Kermit fight to get her back. I am positively praying for a little more romance in this one!!!

SO EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE!!!!! I can't wait to hear more, although I'm sure the Disney marketing machine will keep us hanging as always...maybe they'll send out more promo pics to tide us over but what a great announcement so far. I am so, so pumped for this movie!!!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
You know, there is a side of Piggy that likes bad boys...Long John Silver, for example. It would be awesome to see Kermit have to take a stand--and possibly take out a bad guy trying to move in on his pig! Kermit is never more adorable that when he steps to the plate and exercises his natural leadership ability.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll give it this, though.

It's really a double edged sword to get the plot details over a year before the film. We know the direction the story is going to take, but we ruin the surprise of what the story is before we see it. Remember when the original script was leaked and it said that it ended with the Mahna Mahna bit? Wouldn't it have made more of an impact if we didn't know that?