Muppets sequel plot and promotional photo in Entertainment Weekly

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Grrr...I want to read it, but I try to stay away from spoilers...Can't..stop..from..reading...

Looking at the pictures The Mindset linked to. Wow! They're shooting in some places/things that the Muppets have never done before! They're really taking this to the next level!!

Katzi428

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket. But this sounds like a remake of The Great Muppet Caper Unfortunately I wasn't a big fan of TGMC.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound like a wet blanket. But this sounds like a remake of The Great Muppet Caper Unfortunately I wasn't a big fan of TGMC.
Yeah, my brother and I thought the same thing. However, I'm a HUGE GMC fan, can't decide if I like it even more than TMM. Still, the new film sounds like a rehash of GMC, and the whole criminal doppelganger plot has been done to death in countless forms of media (e.g. Ernest Goes to Prison, The Punisher Meets Archie). Heck, it was already done by the Muppets in the Muppet comic "The Treasure of Peg Leg Wilson," in which Kermit has a criminal doppelganger named Kismet the Toad. I'm personally disappointed in the unoriginality of the plot so far, but it's still in development, so perhaps after getting some feedback they'll make some improvements.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yeah, my brother and I thought the same thing. However, I'm a HUGE GMC fan, can't decide if I like it even more than TMM. Still, the new film sounds like a rehash of GMC, and the whole criminal doppelganger plot has been done to death in countless forms of media (e.g. Ernest Goes to Prison, The Punisher Meets Archie). Heck, it was already done by the Muppets in the Muppet comic "The Treasure of Peg Leg Wilson," in which Kermit has a criminal doppelganger named Kismet the Toad. I'm personally disappointed in the unoriginality of the plot so far, but it's still in development, so perhaps after getting some feedback they'll make some improvements.
Hmmm...most Muppet plots would be considered "unoriginal" under that criteria. It's always been the Muppets that bring the originality.

Pitch: Let's get the gang together and put on a show = 3 theatrical films
Pitch: Let's remake classic literature where we play other parts = 2 theatrical films
Pitch: Let's go to England where we find a jewel thief = 2 theatrical films

(I leave out MFS because we all know that was a truly great idea taken from Jerry Juhl and ruined by Sony and the hack director of Garfield 2.)

This is actually a perfect idea. Have we no sense of Muppet history? :wink: