Muppets resurgence at Disney's California Adventure

Should Henson get more involved with Disney?

• Yes, now is the perfect time

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Maybe, if it's their best or only option

Votes: 37 42.5%
  • No, Henson should stay away at all costs

Votes: 25 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bean Bunny mentioned this over at the Palisades forum...

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]
Hi Everbody,

Bean here. Over at www.miceage.com, Al Lutz is reporting that the Muppets are starting to appear in California Adventure. hmmm.
[/font]

What do you guys make of this? Of most interest is the comment on this page...

"Isaac Martin spotted a Miss Piggy walkabout at California Adventure. It was rumored after the Pixar fiasco that Disney will now refocus on what Henson properties it now has, and look to expand the relationship again."

http://www.miceage.com/allutz/al020304a.htm

Photo of Miss Piggy walkaround at California Adventure...

http://miceage.skyfirehosting.com/al020304pics/al020304e.jpg

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think they should wait it out until Eisner is kicked to the curb. I feel the partnership could breathe new life into the Muppets (projectwise) if properly handled.

zootsuit

Reaction score
I agree.I think disney and the muppets are good for each other and i've enjoyed their collaborations in the past...but youre right , wait until eisners outta there. And any one who owns shares should go to the share holders meeting to make sure that happens.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yes, Disney and Henson should expand their relationship. Disney has had a bigger interest in the Muppets than anyone else, and Henson NEEDS a partner so they can get back on track.

As for Eisner, I am not anti-Eisner, but he just needs to go. I think he has just lost his way in the past few years and the Disney Company needs new leadership before their reputation gets any worse.

jzion12345

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
Yes, Disney and Henson should expand their relationship. Disney has had a bigger interest in the Muppets than anyone else, and Henson NEEDS a partner so they can get back on track.
AMEN! The Muppets, and the Jim Henson Company in general, needs one single outlet for their TV programming and movies. Disney is perfect. Since Pixar is not under the Disney umbrella anymore, I think Henson is a perfect replacement. Personally, I think Pixar is making a huge mistake by not continuing with the juggernaut that is Disney promotions. Look at what it got them: Big Box Office returns, promotional deals such as Disney on Ice, Disney Store, Disney Channel, ABC, Video Games, etc...Where else are you going to find that kind of a juggernaut that has a fan base that will buy anything Disney? Nowhere. Henson is walking into a great situation. I think they'll recover and make lots of money off of this.

Beebers

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I think they should wait it out until Eisner is kicked to the curb. I feel the partnership could breathe new life into the Muppets (projectwise) if properly handled.

Very nicely put.

:cool:

I particularly love the visual of Eisner being kicked to the curb, perhaps left sitting there next to his Mercedes. Or Bentley. Whatever it is he drives.

:big_grin:

King Prawn

Reaction score
I think they should go for it, now might not be the best time for Disney but I don't really see this effecting the Muppets. Although I wouldn't want Disney to buy the Muppet I still wouldn't mind a partnership of some kind.

count_that_bear

Reaction score
I completely agree, just look at what Disney and Henson have done for each other in the past...BEAR FOR 1!!! hopefully Disney will be a big help in getting muppet movies back on the big screen where they belong, and Henson will bring much needed originality and life back to the Walt Disney company.

Luke

Reaction score
I agree with Boyraisin - and i don't mind whether they are Eisnerless or not. The pairing is obviously much needed - Henson can't afford right now for any project not to do well and one slip up could make them toast. Putting Disney in the mix (although with a Pixar type deal - not ownership) will give them the freedom to try new things and more opportunity to use what they've got.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I'd say yes, except, for some reason, I can almost see Disney kind of "ruining" the Muppets. Maybe "ruining" isn't the best word, but Disney hasn't really put out anything *great* lately. But then again, the Muppets would certainly help Disney and Vice Versa...