Muppets resurgence at Disney's California Adventure

Should Henson get more involved with Disney?

• Yes, now is the perfect time

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Maybe, if it's their best or only option

Votes: 37 42.5%
  • No, Henson should stay away at all costs

Votes: 25 28.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ekuska

Reaction score
not one bit...!

Its too bad 'Eisner' is the key word here. I personally think its an effort to win back some shareholder support. This courting is not out of love, its just a lousy boyfriend scratching at the door again.

It doesnt seem like Henson's is in the financial place to create their own projects without a big backer like Disney. So Im sure it makes for an interesting proposition, but lets face it,, Eisner's Disney is looking for a female dog, and not a partner. They have lost Pixar, who was always way way WAY out of their league, and I think Henson has that potential as well.. A Pixar/Henson combo completely opens the imagination, a Disney/Henson makes me cringe.

I've watched the cashing in of theatrical animation by Disney execs and now that the industry is on its deathbed, they are looking for a new 'host' to exploit. Im sure these were all part of Jim's original hesitations to signing with the mouse,, I only hope for the best for the muppets, I really do.

Good luck guys :concern: :concern: :eek:

Green Ranger

Reaction score
zootsuit said:
Disney is not evil. It is a wonderfull company that has entertained generations of familys and has been a great community for those who work there...I should know, my father worked for Disney for twenty years and I grew up at the parks...but that is rather irrelevant...the point is that a partnership between Disney and Henson (partnership,not corporate takeover) would be beneficial to both. A distribution arrangement something along the lines of the previous pixar contract would let Henson be as creativley independent as ever and at the same time bring exposure and finacial backing that is sorely needed.Now I agree that Eisner needs to be ousted..he has become a tyrant and has lost sight of what matters...but regardless, I still believe disney and henson are good for eachother. ok.sorry..thats all i have to say.

Listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about. Or so I hear... :cool:

Beauregard

Reaction score
This is a cool thread, considering that a few days later Disney bought the Muppets...

dmx10101

Reaction score
what about Muppets resurgence at Disney's Florida Adventure?

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
That's a given.
Yes, the head of Disney parks reported that Muppets will be appearing more in the near future at the Walt Disney World Resort and it's sister park.

Screamscape has a link to the interview. He doesn't say much though, it the Muppets are coming. The rest of the interview is about the new Buzz Lightyear ride coming to Disneyland and something called Virtual Magic Kingdom, which sounds like a Hug Multiple Player Online RPG.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Bean Bunny said:
Yes, the head of Disney parks reported that Muppets will be appearing more in the near future at the Walt Disney World Resort and it's sister park.

Screamscape has a link to the interview. He doesn't say much though, it the Muppets are coming. The rest of the interview is about the new Buzz Lightyear ride coming to Disneyland and something called Virtual Magic Kingdom, which sounds like a Hug Multiple Player Online RPG.
Hmmm, Sounds like some interesting new things are coming.