Muppets on Bikes

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Brian Henson can be seen on a very large red tricycle and glancing back at the muppets (presumably to make sure he was pulling them ok) at the end of "Couldn't We Ride" when it pans up to see all the muppets, plus humans. At least you can see him in widescreen, don't know about fullscreen.

And I have no idea about their mouths. My book won't tell me.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
No i dont think in TGMC the moths where reomo contorled. becaues if you watch fozzie's mouth you can tell it looks like someone from above or somthing is pulling his top head.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Actually, for the close-up head shots, they were puppeteered, but for the far away, full body shots, the heads were in fact radio controlled. And as for how they made the pedals work, I believe that on most bikes, if you were to just walk the bike along a road, the chain naturally rotates the pedals, so it wouldn't be necessary to have a motor.

Frogster

Reaction score
:boo: What do you think of pigs on bikes?
:sleep: I never have liked road hogs!

That Announcer

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
Actually, for the close-up head shots, they were puppeteered, but for the far away, full body shots, the heads were in fact radio controlled. And as for how they made the pedals work, I believe that on most bikes, if you were to just walk the bike along a road, the chain naturally rotates the pedals, so it wouldn't be necessary to have a motor.
Is this why in full body shots, there is very little mouth work? I suspect that the radio control equipment was fairly new (it was actually invented for GMC) and they were afraid to use it too much.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Jim always liked to chalenge his staff, so he'd put up and isea and say "Let's do it this way" and they'd all be like "WHA!?" but always did it. From what I read, Brian was a crucial member to developing a lot of the mechanics for these types of things.