Muppets Now Episode 4 - Sleep Mode

What did you think of the "Muppets Now" episode "Sleep Mode"?

• Absolutely positively! This episode was great!

• Bork bork! This episode was good.

• Mee mee. This episode was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! This episode was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4 - Sleep Mode
Disney+ Premiere: Friday August 21, 2020

Scooter wakes up in horror to discover his all-nighters have finally gotten the best of him, and he has only 30 minutes to upload Muppets Now. With the clock ticking and his eyelids drooping, Scooter enlists Animal to help him stay awake.

Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and his assistant, Beaker, conduct a series of vibrational experiments with the help of a lonely, outdated computer. The Swedish Chef uncovers the secrets of Spaghetti Carbonara when staring down his competitor, Giuseppe Losavio. Miss Piggy sits down with Aubrey Plaza to conduct a fabulous one-on-one interview. Later, she looks out for number one as she focuses on self-care with guests Linda Cardellini and Taye Diggs.

If you saw "Sleep Mode" on Disney+ please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Wow this episode was a chore to watch. I know they were meant as just one off sketches but making them into a 20 minute show was just a really not great idea.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I liked seeing the Electric Mayhem. The bit with Piggy, Deadly and Aubrey Plaza was funny. I was so surprised to see Miss Poogy! I guess Piggy's run out of female friends.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't understand what happened with that Electric Mayhem cameo. Like, what was the joke?

wiley207

Reaction score
Did anyone else catch Scooter's desktop wallpaper being a photo of him as a baby? Nice touch!
I've also noticed that Eric Jacobson's Miss Piggy has lately been sounding less like Miss Piggy and more like Grover. And a friend of mine pointed out that Eric's Fozzie also tends to sound a lot like Greg Berg's Baby Fozzie voice from the original "Muppet Babies" series, and I have to agree with him on that.
But at least I've gotten pretty used to Matt Vogel's Kermit the Frog voice. Instead of trying to sound like Steve's Kermit, he basically took Jim's Kermit voice and sort of worked it into his own take (a lot like what Steve did in the early 90s). But I still kind of get an Ernie vibe from Matt's Kermit voice...

I thought the "outdated electrical device" the Beepalizer was pretty amusing. You can tell it's outdated by the big CRT monitor!
Nice to see Pepe be with Hot Dog Wat...uh, Linda as well.

wiley207

Reaction score
Don't you mean Velma.
True, Linda Cardellini played Velma in those two live-action Scooby-Doo theatrical movies, but she also voiced Marcy/Hot Dog Water in the "Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated" animated series, since she was created as a rival of sorts to Velma (voiced by Mindy Cohn in the series.) And of course, that same show was also the first series to have Matthew Lillard, who played Shaggy in those two movies, voice Shaggy as well!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
True, Linda Cardellini played Velma in those two live-action Scooby-Doo theatrical movies, but she also voiced Marcy/Hot Dog Water in the "Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated" animated series, since she was created as a rival of sorts to Velma (voiced by Mindy Cohn in the series.) And of course, that same show was also the first series to have Matthew Lillard, who played Shaggy in those two movies, voice Shaggy as well!
Woah man Scoobyception

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Muppets Now, Episode 4

I don’t have many thoughts. It was a very average episode. Nothing much stood out. I will say that Kermit and Joe were the absolute highlight of the episode. I burst into a smile as soon as they rattled off their spiel. And I thought Muppet Labs worked kinda well as a little educational thing. Otherwise it was just... there. Very average. I think it’s a solid 4 to a light 5.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Not bad but not great. The highlight for me was probably seeing the Electric Mayhem!
I wish the show had more variety though. Do we need a Chef sketch EVERY episode? And I’m so tired of the Miss Piggy sketches (it doesn’t help that she was never one of my favorite characters lol).
Some musical numbers would be awesome too!