Muppets Have not really been good since Jim Henson passed.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You’re bringing this up while having no proof he actually said that. 🤷‍♂️ The guy only performed characters and wrote a few sketches and created films for the show. The otherwise changing show of Sesame Street came from an otherwise bigger team behind the scenes and we still would have gotten these changes going on had he still been alive or not.

I know jim henson wouldn't have allowed elmo to outshine the other muppets.

datman24

Reaction score
He had final say over use of muppets. Elmo only skyrocketed in screen time after henson died
Not really. Maybe in the early years, he did, but it was pretty much left to the writers (and whichever puppeteers were available for filming) which Muppets were used. You forget that Elmo did exist when Henson was alive and did plenty of bits with him in that brief period. Now there's no knowing how Henson felt of the character at the time, but I don't think he would have had much say into how much he could be used. Although, I will say, if Henson and Oz had spent a little more time on set in the later years, we probably wouldn't be talking about Elmo right now.