Muppets Haunted Mansion special coming to Disney+ on Friday October 8, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Well, I'm excited to see it. Keep in mind, people, this is only a teaser trailer. We'll see the full trailer maybe later this month.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:news: This just in!

We finally have an airdate for Muppets Haunted Mansion, it'll have its scremiere on October 8, 2021, on Disney Plus.

Additionally, a portion of the Muppet and cameo cast has also been listed.
:smile: as The Ghost Host.
:mad: as Madame Leota Tombs.
:embarrassed: as the Hatbox Ghost.
:attitude: as Mr. Suel, one of the duelers; and Pops as Mr. West, his erstwhile adversary.
Chip as Pickwick, the ghost seen hanging from the chandelier in the ballroom.
Beautiful Day Monster, Howard Tubman, and Beverly Plume as Ballroom Dancer Ghosts (which is weird because that's a trio when the HM has six different pairs of ballroom dancer ghosts).
:crazy: as Alexander Nitrokoff, the guy in his shorts on top of the powder keg about to explode; :flirt: as Sally Slater, the tightrope walker; and Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, and Miss Poogy as the Quicksand Men, all from the Stretching Room Portraits. Again, weird that Poogy's one of the "Quicksand Men", shrugs. Constance Hatchaway/Abigail Patecleaver is notably absent to complete the portraits.

There'll be human cast cameos as other ghostly characters included in this 48-minute special. Stay tuned for other hexciting developments.
:scary: :batty: :fanatic:

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
:news: This just in!

We finally have an airdate for Muppets Haunted Mansion, it'll have its scremiere on October 8, 2021, on Disney Plus.

Additionally, a portion of the Muppet and cameo cast has also been listed.
:smile: as The Ghost Host.
:mad: as Madame Leota Tombs.
:embarrassed: as the Hatbox Ghost.
:attitude: as Mr. Suel, one of the duelers; and Pops as Mr. West, his erstwhile adversary.
Chip as Pickwick, the ghost seen hanging from the chandelier in the ballroom.
Beautiful Day Monster, Howard Tubman, and Beverly Plume as Ballroom Dancer Ghosts (which is weird because that's a trio when the HM has six different pairs of ballroom dancer ghosts).
:crazy: as Alexander Nitrokoff, the guy in his shorts on top of the powder keg about to explode; :flirt: as Sally Slater, the tightrope walker; and Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, and Miss Poogy as the Quicksand Men, all from the Stretching Room Portraits. Again, weird that Poogy's one of the "Quicksand Men", shrugs. Constance Hatchaway/Abigail Patecleaver is notably absent to complete the portraits.

There'll be human cast cameos as other ghostly characters included in this 48-minute special. Stay tuned for other hexciting developments.
:scary: :batty: :fanatic:
That's great, but what about Rowlf, Robin, Floyd, Statler and Waldorf, or anybody?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, well, I'm just reporting what I found at the Disney Wiki's article for the special regarding the Muppet cast. Then again, we could be surprised, there might be more Muppets added to the cast later on or that we spot showing up. For example, the toughpigs article made mention of a screaming Muppet goat I don't see listed at the Disney Wiki's article.

As for said casting... :big_grin: and :sing: and :halo: could be the Hitchhiking Ghost trio of Ezra, Phineas, and Gus. I'm equally hoping Uncle Deadly makes it into the special at some point, frankly he would be a better choice for the Ghost Host than :smile:, but that's me going off of Uncle D's involvement in the reading of the attraction's original script back at D23 2019.
The only other possibility I can think of could be Alynda from The Muppets 2015 TV series as Little Leota.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick update concerning the cast.

Apparently :smile: will no longer be the Ghost Host, as that role has been passed on to Max the Magician from Sesame Street or as he's better known, Lego's Batman, Will Arnot.
And Teraji P. Henson, Yesss from Ralph Breaks the Internet is the Bride. Whether she'll be the original Beating Heart Bride or Constance Hatchaway who has redcanned replaced the original is not exactly clear.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I don’t think Kermit was ever confirmed to be the Ghost Host, just implied.
Doesn’t matter though, Will Arnett is great in everything he’s in.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
Quick update concerning the cast.

Apparently :smile: will no longer be the Ghost Host, as that role has been passed on to Max the Magician from Sesame Street or as he's better known, Lego's Batman, Will Arnot.
And Teraji P. Henson, Yesss from Ralph Breaks the Internet is the Bride. Whether she'll be the original Beating Heart Bride or Constance Hatchaway who has redcanned replaced the original is not exactly clear.
Then I wonder what Kermit is playing as?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So, given the trailer that was released today, I went to do some more digging. And the Haunted Mansion Wiki's article has a greater Muppet cast than the article at the Disney Wiki.
Here's what I found.
Gonzo as himself.
Pepe the King Prawn as himself.
Kermit The Frog as himself and an unspecified ghost.
Miss Piggy as herself and Madame Pigota (Madame Leota).
Fozzie Bear as Gauzey Bear (The Hatbox Ghost).
Crazy Harry as Alexander Nitrokoff, The Dynamite Guy from the Stretching Room portraits.
Janice as Sally Slater, The Tightrope Girl from the Stretching Room portraits.
Link Hogthrob, Dr. Julius Strangepork, and Miss Poogy as The Quicksand Men from the Stretching Room portraits.
Beautiful Day Monster, Howard Tubman, and Beverly Plume as Ballroom Dancer Ghosts.
Chip as Pickwick.
Sam the Eagle and Pops the Doorman as Mr. Suel and Mr. West, The Duelists.
Bunsen and Beaker as two of The Staring Busts, not to be confused with The Singing Busts.
Mahna Mahna as The Gargoyle from the Stretching Room.
The Newsman as The Aging Man.
Yolanda the Rat as Medusa.
The Farmer's Dog from The Tale of the Bunny Picnic as Bones, The Caretaker's Dog.
Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem as The Phantom Five, not sure who would portray each of the manifested musicians.
Uncle Deadly.

Based on the trailer, Johnny Fiama, Sal Minela, and Dr. Phil van Neuter will also appear.
Additionally, following Gauzey Bear's comment of "must you always appear where I am just to say "Boo!"?" implies Statler and Waldorf will be present as well.

Rully looking forward to this spooky special when it airs in two weeks time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.