Muppets Haunted Mansion special coming to Disney+ on Friday October 8, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's official! For the first time in nearly a decade, this fall the Muppets will debut an all-new haunted, Halloween special exclusively on Disney+. This will be the Muppets first Halloween-themed special ever.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm glad Disney is actually doing something more with the muppets, this actually looks like a very neat concept.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's like ever since the ABC show flopped, Disney isn't even trying to have the Muppets reach wider audiences anymore.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just heard/read the article over at toughpigs. Finally! We're getting the Muppety Halloween special they promised us back at D23 soooo many years ago. Hope Uncle Deadly is involved in the special somehow since he works at the attraction two days out of the week, though that was the DLR version in California, and there's no specific mention as to whether the special will be based in the DLR version or the one at WDW.

Now I have both this and Hocus Pocus 2 to look forward for the Halloween season besides the usual airing of my fave movie of all. :super: :excited: :fanatic:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So the plot is about Gonzo being challenged to spend the night at the Haunted Mansion. I'm glad this is Gonzo-centric because I'm still not really the biggest fan of Vogel's Kermit. My only worry is that this will focus too much on promoting the parks over a good story. But, either than that, it looks like this could be a really fun special.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think it's weird that Gonzo is the one challenged as opposed to somebody who might be more likely to be scared, like Kermit or Fozzie or Scooter. I feel Gonzo would thoroughly enjoy it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
To me, :concern: fits in perfectly with the spooky esthetic of the Haunted Mansion. Sure, I'd prefer Uncle D, but Gonzo is a good main character choice as it's a subtle nod to Roly Crump's Museum of the Weird concept that was meant to be part of the original mansion/attraction but got scrapped and left unused until the comic book series.

Something else... This special is meant to take place during Halloween. So does that mean that besides the regular mansion dwellers, might we see some of the Disney Villains congregating outside as part of the stage shows or in the plot itself? :eek:

And I'd love this concept even more if the special warranted a sequel set during the DLR's Christmas celebrations for obvious crossover reasons. :scary:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Disney+ has over 100 million subscribers around the world. Sounds like it's wide-reaching to me.
Plus a lot of people are ditching cable now. Putting on TV is quite the opposite if anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.