MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Well, I'm feeling quite sure this isn't anything Phil would want to serve up on his plate as it's likely he has a full plate already!

Here is what would likely have to be done. A committee would have to be in place, preferably of folks who have connections to the hotel business and who could get a block of rooms reserved at super low prices for those of us who wanted to travel out to visit.

Then the committee would need to deal with dining prices (maybe the hotel has a restaurant/buffet that those attending the fest could get into for discounted prices).

Then the committee would need to deal with workshops and entertainment. You'd probably be able to set up workshops with finding those of us here at MC who build or work on puppets/puppetry more than part-time (thus excluding me). Entertainment? We could get permission to show the videos, or not if its something taped from television. Just need a large room with a big screen tv, vcr, and dvd player.

Then the committee would have to create a dealers room where the whole group could meet and greet and swap and trade and buy and sell.

One of the things I brought up about the next MFest would be that at our MC Family Reunion Dinner we would bring out our own puppet character creations (something WE created OURSELVES, not remakes of other characters). That would be fun. Maybe have the puppets visit and talk to one another.

Then, the Committee would be responsible for creating attendance forms, setting prices, dates, times, and a treasurer would have to collect the funds and apply those funds toward the rooms/food/rental space of meeting rooms/and hiring out someone from JHC to be a guest and whose trip, room, and food would have to be paid for.

FOZ
Sounds like you should head up the committee to me...

Kye

Reaction score
Orlando would be a great Location. Muppetvision 3D, cheap flights, cheap rooms. This might even be good for muppetfest! I could even talk to my contacts at disney about screenings and stuff. It might even be a good place for Phils Muppetfest!:wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
Sounds like you should head up the committee to me...
I agree - Fozzi3b3ear for President !!!!!

(and Luke for treasurer ! Party!)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kye
I could even talk to my contacts at disney about screenings and stuff.
You have contacts at Disney?

*grabs Kye by his collar and pulls him to my face*

Who, WHO?!

*ahem*, so sorry

*sets Kye back down*

But ya see, I'm depressed in my "career", and need a fresh start in somethin' I actually have a passion for.

:embarrassed:

Kye

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

*grabs Kye by his collar and pulls him to my face*

Who, WHO?!

*ahem*, so sorry

*sets Kye back down*

:embarrassed:

Wheres the Internet Police? Wheres Phil? I have been attacked by a violent, muppet loving pshyco! Oh, the Humanity! Just when you thought it was safe to visit Muppet Central...remember...THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!!.
*due to surviving such a traumatic experience, I am considering forming a muppet central support group. *

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wits=that white stuff you eat with breakfast and gravy?

You know? HOMINY WITS?!

HAA!!

I dunno howmany wits, as far as I know--NONE HERE!

WOCKA WOCKA!!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
Wits=that white stuff you eat with breakfast and gravy?

You know? HOMINY WITS?!

HAA!!

I dunno howmany wits, as far as I know--NONE HERE!

WOCKA WOCKA!!

:rolleyes: :big_grin:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
:rolleyes:
Good Heavens. We need to keep Fozzie away from the keyboard.....

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I think you should apologize for attcking Kye first, Byron!!!! :wink:
....Maybe we should have a PHILFEST instead!!! A celebration of our great leader!!! :big_grin: (I shudder at the implications....)
COME TO NEW ORLEANS!!! We NEED some conventions right now....Only, I suggest, AFTER Mardi Gras!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.