MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BEAR

Reaction score
If we all met...?

I was just thinking...what if a bunch of us all met up one day for dinner for the first time? Would we constantly want to refer to each other by our MC user names? Would I always call her Mrs. Pepper just by habit no matter what her name was? What about Ziffel? I mean, I know some people's real names on here and I usually use them in the posts, but i just thought it would be weird if we all really met each other. :zany:

That Announcer

Reaction score
I've caught on to most people's real names in here (whether they want me to or not, heh) and I try to use them as much as I can. There's a few that I've never seen use their real name and one who's said he doesn't want his name used, so I try to respect that. However, those who don't know the real names of everybody could create a very interesting conversation. Knowing me with my mild speech impediment (namely, I get words mixed up), I'd end up calling you something like "Brear".

However, in terms of general conversation, I'm positive it wouldn't be a problem. We all converse so well on here that we'd do very well in a live conversation.

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
I've caught on to most people's real names in here (whether they want me to or not, heh) and I try to use them as much as I can. There's a few that I've never seen use their real name and one who's said he doesn't want his name used, so I try to respect that. However, those who don't know the real names of everybody could create a very interesting conversation. Knowing me with my mild speech impediment (namely, I get words mixed up), I'd end up calling you something like "Brear".

However, in terms of general conversation, I'm positive it wouldn't be a problem. We all converse so well on here that we'd do very well in a live conversation.

"Brear" haha! That would be funny and I wouldn't even mind it. It would be like Brer Bear or Brer Rabbit from Song of the South!

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
It's always been a dream of mine to meet someone from here! For starters, I would probably tease Lisa by always singing her screen name... Lol

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'd call That Announcer "T.A." regardless of his real name. I wouldn't let people call me Mrs. Pepper in a real conversaion because that would irk me to no end, since I'm not a Mrs. (mind you, Pepper is rather cool). :wink:
Yep, we'd definately converse very well, but as for names, it kind of depends. For someone like TogetherAgain I'd use her real name, as Together Again is a song. But you, Bear, I might end up calling you Bear, because it sounds like a name. Same as Vibs, Ziffel, Beau, etc. Weird nicknames, but still names.

Very cool post, by the way. That's food for thought! :big_grin:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Pretty interesting thought. I think we might do a combination of both. I know for myself, I could see me finding it neat to refer to everyone by their MC names here and would probably do so at times deliberately ("Pass the salt, Bear!" "How's your steak, Redboobergurl?"). But I can see part of the time utilizing our real names too, as already goes on in some posts here like you pointed out.
And if it was a VERY LARGE gathering of us, which would mean hearing of many real names at once for the first time, then the MC names would be a good thing to be able to fall back on in case you forget a name! (which I tend to do a lot. Whenever I meet a new person at church, for instance, it sometimes takes several embarrassing times of asking, "I'm sorry what was your name again? Was it Bill?" "Bob." "Oh Bob, right. I'm sorry." before it finally is permanently registered in my brain. :smile:

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
As for myself,I know just a few MC members by their first name.Everyone would call me: JaniceFerSure,JFS,Janice,Diana,Dee;whichever they are most comfortable with and know the most.Even though people do call me Diane(which I hate,since my name's Diana),I do answer to it.

I wonder if we would have a banner at our get together,what would it say? Welcome Muppet Central Members! or something of the like.:cool:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If you all met me, you'd think to yourselves "boy, this guy's duller than dust! Get me away from him!"

christyb

Reaction score
For me it all depends on who it is. Some people like Beau and Vibs I'd call them by their user names regardless. Why? I dunno habit. I try to use people's real names (if I know it) in my head. That way I remember them. Although, we'd get a lot of nice looks if we all went by usernames when we were together. Oh yeah and D'Snowth don't put yourself down like that! You're awesome and we all love you! You are not duller than dust. (That's my territory :smile: )

Status
Not open for further replies.