Muppet Vinylmation Series 2

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I like them. No Gonzo or Animal in the 3" is a mistake and they really should release a variant Kermit every series IMHO, but I guess Vinylmation is successful enough to escape some of these time-tested methods for other Muppet products. The Swinetrek gang looks great!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If series two worked out that way that would be a really cool set! Although I doubt that they are going to include Robin because he isn't a character that the average person who would buy one at WDW would know.
I don't think Robin is too obscure. He was present in most of the movies, starred in many storybooks, was used a lot on the show and in specials. He may not be the best-known character, but I think he's as well-known to casual fans as characters like Sam the Eagle and Bean Bunny. Also, the figures are blind boxed, so it's not like buyers would be able to choose the figures they buy. Heck, they could probably fill a series with obscure characters (though it might still be best to put a few A-list characters in the collection).

So cool that a Waldo C. Graphic toy is finally being released. Too bad I'll most likely never get these.

Still, this would make a cool series 3:
  • Dr. Bob
  • Nurse Piggy
  • Nurse Janice
  • Walter
  • Uncle Deadley
  • Beauregard
  • Lips
  • Patrol Bear
  • Patrol Link
  • Bobo
  • Crazy Harry
  • Seymour (chase figure)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wish they'd sell these at Disney stores (they're starting to with others)... I'm not a huge fan of this kind of figure, but these ones look even better than the first series. Especially the Swinetrek Crew and the Electric Mayhem. Man, I wanna Waldo. At least we're getting ONE piece of JHH merchandise (unless we count Clifford's Palisades figure).

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I wish they'd sell these at Disney stores (they're starting to with others)...
it may be a little far from you but since we are basically in the same area

the Disney store in nashua mall said they would be getting series 2 of the muppets

Gonzo's Chicken

Reaction score
My local Disney Store said they would be getting the Muppet Vinylmations on or around April 15. They weren't sure if it was series 1 or 2.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking at the Muppet Wiki page on Vinylmation, I didn't realise that none of the 9" figures (except for the tourist Kermit) have 3" counterparts. Somehow it seems odd for the 3" line to not have Animal but to have the rest of the band (except Lips), though I guess that's a good break from all the Animal merchandise over the years without the others included.

It seems ironic how one of the few characters included who Palisades didn't make as a figure (Waldo) is one who doesn't have texturing and could easily trasnform into Mickey, so the Waldo wouldn't be too out-of-place for those wanting to have him play with the action figures.

dmoss

Reaction score
Actually, Gonzo has Camilla with him in the 3" form. :smile:

EDIT: Oh! Yikes, I just realized what you meant. I thought you meant how Bo-Peep from Toy Story had a sheep with her, and how Aurora was included with the Queen...my mistake! :embarrassed:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Animal and Gonzo are such heavy-hitters that they need to make them in the regular-sized assortment. In vinyl, the larger sizes are niche and most collectors pass on them.

I have to take issue with the statement that Palisades over-made Animal toys. On the contrary, they always tucked him away or held him back in some expensive playset or exclusive when most folk wanted to see him pegged along side the regular assortment in every store (not just special ones). :halo:

Seeing that there's no regular Gonzo this time, I might have to pass. There's little room and money for more things in my apartment and I'm disappointed they left him out again! I don't count the large size. People really wanted him in series one and now they've kicked him out of series two. :concern:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have to take issue with the statement that Palisades over-made Animal toys. On the contrary, they always tucked him away or held him back in some expensive playset or exclusive when most folk wanted to see him pegged along side the regular assortment in every store (not just special ones). :halo:
You misunderstood me. I didn't say that Palisades overdid Animal. I don't think Palisades overdid anybody (unless you count exclusives... I think Palisades made more Kermits and Gonzos). What I meant was that there's been a lot of Animal merchandise over the years (and in recent months it seems the only official Muppet merchandise in stores are either Kermit or Animal clothing), while most of the rest of the band has had few character merchandise.

I wonder how the Gonzo vinyl will turn out. Since these are all shaped like Mickey Mouse, they only need one sculpt, and can repaint any sculpt. But would they put a hook nose on Gonzo-Mickey's face, or would it just be drawn on the face?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You misunderstood me. I didn't say that Palisades overdid Animal. I don't think Palisades overdid anybody (unless you count exclusives... I think Palisades made more Kermits and Gonzos). What I meant was that there's been a lot of Animal merchandise over the years (and in recent months it seems the only official Muppet merchandise in stores are either Kermit or Animal clothing), while most of the rest of the band has had few character merchandise.

I wonder how the Gonzo vinyl will turn out. Since these are all shaped like Mickey Mouse, they only need one sculpt, and can repaint any sculpt. But would they put a hook nose on Gonzo-Mickey's face, or would it just be drawn on the face?
I get you now. :wink: Animal and Kermit are the characters that really float the brand. They're the most popular. If they made a figure of every Muppet, Animal and Kermit would sell out first long before the others. But vinyl toys are kind of different, I suppose.

It's refreshing to see these other guys. I'm really digging the Swinetrek gang with the much improved Piggy design.

i'm curious about Gonzo's nose too!