Muppet Vinylmation Series 2

Drtooth

Reaction score
Any chance these will be packaged in window boxes like the new Nightmare Before XMas sets?

I really dislike blind boxing, and the way the Nightmare figures are packaged looks really great!
Blind boxing is a staple of the 3-4" vynal market. It's an unfortunate Ginzu-fication, trying to be exactly like Blind Boxed Japanese toys. Though, with most of the AUTHENTIC Japanese blind box figures I've encountered, at least you get a piece of candy as a consolidation if you wind up with the same figure... oh, and they literally go for a large fraction of what the US specific ones go for (over there, of course... we get smacked with import fees). Other than that, I keep saying we need more small, snap together statuettes over here. Too bad Bust Ups was the only thing we got close to that.

But I digress. I too would buy these if they had window packaging (and were sold also at Disney Stores). Of course, I'd love to see them do larger scale, Mighty Muggs sized Vynalmations... especially with Muppet characters

King Rupert

Reaction score
Call me crazy but these figures do nothing for me. They just dont make any sense to me. My general reaction is to get excited about all things Muppets then I see those big ears, and it just leaves me feeling blah about the whole thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
To be honest, I don't quite care for the uniform shape with a paint job vynals. I really like sculpted figures And I've seen a LOT of vynals that WERE sculpted... similar to This figure I have like 5 vynals... 2 of the ones I pictured (actually, I have that exact one, and Robin Mask), a Mighty Muggs Sabertooth, a Smurf and a Batsu TMNT Michelangelo. Other than the 2 Kinnikuman ones, guess which one I like best? The TMNT one. It had a heft to it. The others were lighter than air (especially the Mighty mugg) and basically felt cheaper than they looked. The TMNT one FELT like a real toy, even came with nunchucks. Of course, all three of those ones I got on clearance. I had to pay a fortune for the Kinnikuman ones that were almost 3/4s their size. Actually, add 4 more to the mix... vynal figures that are completely sculpted. like This I have all 4 of those ones. I'd LOVE to see Muppet Vynals like that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't quite care for the uniform shape with a paint job vynals. I really like sculpted figures And I've seen a LOT of vynals that WERE sculpted... similar to This figure I have like 5 vynals... 2 of the ones I pictured (actually, I have that exact one, and Robin Mask), a Mighty Muggs Sabertooth, a Smurf and a Batsu TMNT Michelangelo. Other than the 2 Kinnikuman ones, guess which one I like best? The TMNT one. It had a heft to it. The others were lighter than air (especially the Mighty mugg) and basically felt cheaper than they looked. The TMNT one FELT like a real toy, even came with nunchucks. Of course, all three of those ones I got on clearance. I had to pay a fortune for the Kinnikuman ones that were almost 3/4s their size. Actually, add 4 more to the mix... vynal figures that are completely sculpted. like This I have all 4 of those ones. I'd LOVE to see Muppet Vynals like that.
Didn't we hear something about Mindstyle making Kermit vinyl shapes with different paint apps? Are they dropping this like the Fraggles? :smirk:

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
Call me crazy but these figures do nothing for me. They just dont make any sense to me. My general reaction is to get excited about all things Muppets then I see those big ears, and it just leaves me feeling blah about the whole thing.
I have a couple from different series. They're cute, but they are rather stupid.:smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Didn't we hear something about Mindstyle making Kermit vinyl shapes with different paint apps? Are they dropping this like the Fraggles? :smirk:
Is that company even still in business?

beaker

Reaction score
Is that company even still in business?
Oh very much still in biz. I go regularly to nifty little vinyl figure shops and they always have the latest Mindstyle, like Mechtorians. Its too bad they dropped the Fraggle thing, but least we had the Doozer figurines from 2003

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah. Really... it is a shame they dropped the Fraggles... they initially did it to coincide with a movie... clearly thought the movie was going to come out within a year... jokes on them... and us.

I just wanna see some decent Fraggle figures of some kind.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ah. Really... it is a shame they dropped the Fraggles... they initially did it to coincide with a movie... clearly thought the movie was going to come out within a year... jokes on them... and us.

I just wanna see some decent Fraggle figures of some kind.
I have to admit to being unimpressed with MindStyle's dealing with the Henson properties. It's over-priced and favors a conceptual look rather than a direct take. I'd understand the desire to go off-book if these properties had already been issued many times in their classic form, but that's not the case. I find their Henson items to be a little self-indulgent rather than fan-centered.

Fans want affordable, non-blind boxed Fraggle Rock and Dark Crystal items that resemble how we remember the characters while managing to fall under a $20 price point. Personally, I wouldn't make anything over $12 in this economy. It shouldn't be that hard. Little PVC sets would do just fine!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to admit to being unimpressed with MindStyle's dealing with the Henson properties. It's over-priced and favors a conceptual look rather than a direct take. I'd understand the desire to go off-book if these properties had already been issued many times in their classic form, but that's not the case. I find their Henson items to be a little self-indulgent rather than fan-centered.
I have to say, a lot of toylines have been that way (cough cough MacFarline cough cough). I did like their Fraggle line up to a certain extent... I'd like get one or two... but it really doesn't have the same "gotta have it" factor of the Muppet Palisades line. Need I also say that even the Japanese toys they emulate go for much cheaper? Even with imports?

Ditto these Vynalmations. I wouldn't mind one or two... maybe 3 if I could get specifics... but I don't feel like selling a kidney to get every single one possible.