Muppet Vehicle Specifics

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Does anybody have the year/make/model/submodel or other specific information for the following vehicles?

Electric Mayhem Bus
Fozzie's Studebacher
The Woody they ride to Hollywood in

Also, are there further specifics to:
Ghostbusters: 1959 Cadillac Ambulance (submodel information?)
The Blues Brothers: 1974 Dodge Sedan (Is it a charger, submodel?)

Thanks
Kev

Luke

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Electric Mayhem Bus
1976 International Harvester (Short Chasis Version)

Don't know the Studebaker but i know where it is - it's on display lodged halfway into a wall in a restaurant in England. There may well have been two of them - one painted and one unpainted.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Luke said:
the Studebaker .... on display lodged halfway into a wall in a restaurant in England.
Really? Where? Is it the one used in the film, or a replica?

Luke

Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea where - perhaps Michael Dixon might know or maybe i can ask some people from Henson UK if they know. A while back there was a colletors programme on ITV (or maybe it was C4) over here and they did a spot on vehicles from movies (Batmobile, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang etc) and then they showed the Studebaker and how it was on display in someones restaurant. It was one of the original cars - not sure how many they used in the movie though or if it is the main one. It was my mum watching the show, not me and she only called me once the Studebaker was on screen so i got there too late to see if they identified where the restaurant was or not. The other stuff they did was filmed in the car museum at Beauli (which is Dorset or Kent i think) so perhaps it would be near to there if they filmed the entire show in the same day.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Would be great if someone could get photos of that.

Thanks for the help, gang!!

So, does anybody have the info on the Studebacher or the Woody?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Luke said:
The other stuff they did was filmed in the car museum at Beauli (which is Dorset or Kent i think) so perhaps it would be near to there if they filmed the entire show in the same day.
Guess what. I was sat in the Beauli Car Museum Car Park on Wendnesday!!!!!

We decided not to go in because it was rainy and a lot of the stuff was outside, but I was there. Now I am HOPEING that the car wasn't in the museum else I'll never forgive myself!!!

Luke

Reaction score
I was last in that place around 1993-1994 and it wasn't there then so i don't think it's at that place. They did have lots of other cool stuff though.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Guess what?

Supposedly, one of the Ecto-1's is in the Ripley's Car Museum in Gatlinburg, TN!!

I was there last fall and didn't know it! Darn!

Beauregard

Reaction score
So now it's been ages since this thread was up. Does anyone yet know where that car is?