Muppet Show Song Ideas?

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I think Holiday by Madonna sang by a lot of penguins and chickens and things on a beach would be good. But maybe I'm just Madonna obsessed...

I like the Strawberry Fields Forever idea, provided the chorus are all Muppet strawberries!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Actually, I think that "Disco Inferno" would be better off being sung by the Muppet Devils (seen in such TMS episodes as the ones with Alan Arkin and Debbie Harry) in an inferno setting.

That'd make for a more interesting number.
Not to mention a bit disturbing.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yeah, I've often thought that song would be great for teaching literature.

"Burn, baby, burn- Dante's Inferno!"

and speaking of songs teaching literature what about Willa Cather's "My Antonia" to the tune of The Knack's "My Sharona"?

"Muh,Muh,Muh, My Antonia!"

:wink: :crazy:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Hey abiraniriba,
Don't Worry Be Happy

Sung by Gonzo with Animal doing the "Be Happy" parts and all sorts of dangerous and crazy things happening around them.
Awesome idea! I'm laughing out loud thinking about it! That would be a great twist on Bobby McFerrin's song! :smile: :concern: :halo:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
"Baby, Now That I've Found You" (The Foundations), sung by one of the Lobsters, clinging to a female whatnot on the beach with its claws, with the Clams singing back-up. The whatnot tries to get the Lobster off of her as he sings. :laugh:

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I think I have a few ideas myself.......

In a Wicked themed episode:
Popular- sung by Miss Piggy (I'd like to see her do this while giving Annie Sue a makeover (which doesn't go out too well.....))

Dancing Through Life (the first part with Fiyero singing)- either lead by Kermit or Floyd and a bunch of "teenage looking" whatnots (Then it leads to this ballroom (same one as for the At The Dance segments) where they do the dance routine. Unfortunately, the whatnots are confused on what to do, so they each do their own crazy dance with their partner. Then Gonzo and Camilla will sing the part where Boq confesses his love to Nessa (Unfortunately, Camilla has never danced with Gonzo before, so when Gonzo tries to lift Camilla, she ends up flying right off the stage, but Gonzo doesn't realize it until the end of the song)

As Long As You're Mine- either sung by Kermit and Miss Piggy or Floyd and Janice backed up by the rest of the Electric Mayhem and Rowlf.

Defying Gravity (the solo version)- sung by Gonzo (When he's singing the part where Elphaba is supposed to fly, he uses a jet pack and a broom to pretend he's Elphaba. At the near end of the song, the jet pack runs out of fuel and he falls back on to the stage)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other songs...........
A Whole New World (from Aladdin)- sung by Gonzo and Camilla

The Leader Of The Pack (by The Shangri-Las)- sung by Miss Piggy or Annie Sue (They'll be backed up by female whatnots in sparkly motorcycle jackets. Miss Piggy or Annie Sue will wear an outfit reminiscent of the 50's (Yes, with a Poodle Skirt))

It's Not Unusual (by Tom Jones)- sung by Link Hogthrob

Witchy Woman (by The Eagles)- sung by Floyd backed up by the rest of The Electric Mayhem

Gimme Love (from Kiss of The Spider Woman)- sung by Miss Piggy backed up by a male chorus

I Get Weak (by Belinda Carlisle)- sung by Janice

Pretty Woman (by Roy Orbison)- sung by Floyd or Gonzo (If it's Gonzo, it's probably going to be changed to Pretty Chicken)

And for modern's sake................
Somebody I Used To Know (by Gotye)- sung by Kermit and Miss Piggy (with Marvin Suggs playing the opening xylophone part with the Muppatones)

Piggy The Frog

Reaction score
"Jake the Peg" by Rolf Harris: I can see this being sung by an AM who has three legs, and throughout the song, other Muppets come in and laugh or stare at him. He could even show up in a Veterinarian's Hospital sketch later in the episode, demanding to have his extra leg amputated.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
"Trickle, Trickle" by The Manhattan Transfer; sung by Rizzo and the rats in an alley on a rainy day.