Muppet Show Song Ideas?

MuppetMan301

Reaction score
How about the Electric Mayhem singing "Y.M.C.A." by The Village People (or has that been done? please tell me if it has, I really like that song! )
(the tune, ok. I didn't know what the song was even about until many years after I'd heard it as a child- it's still good for roller skating parties!)
:big_grin: :sing: :flirt: :halo: :cool:

The Muppets already have done my all time favorite Beach Boys song, which of course, is "Kokomo".

I could see them doing some other 80s songs though.

Like "She Drives Me Crazy" by Fine Young Cannibals- wait... They DID do that on the "Kermit Unpigged" album

hmm... Okay, how about "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News.
I think I could see the Electric Mayhem doing that. (Although I guess Kermit and Miss Piggy could too...)

Well, here's one that would work well for graphic imagery.

"To **** With the Devil" by Stryper. I could just see one of the devil muppets from "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" skit getting stuffed into an abyss.

"Pressing On" by Relient K. That's just a really encouraging song for me that could be done well by Kermit, what with the hectic schedule of running a theatre and all.

"Beyond Belief" by Petra. It's a song about taking your faith in Christ to a deeper level and following where God leads. And it totally rocks! This is definitely one for the Electric Mayhem.

And I definitely vote for "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything", a song from the Veggietales gang, of course, and later covered by Relient K.

I'm sure there's lots of other good ones, and there's so many songs that I like I might find myself posting more later....
The Mayhem singing YMCA…I’m surprised they didn’t do that on TMS!

MuppetMan301

Reaction score
How about these:

"Who Shot the Whole in My Sombrero" as sung by a Mexican male what-not

"Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" as sung by Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphones (I can just imagine the Muppaphones crying "Ow!" to the lyrics of that song)

"The Old Gray Mare" as sung by Jim, Jerry & Frank with Old Skyball Paint the Horse in drag

"Ta-Ra-Ra-Doom-De-Ay" performed by everybody

"Beat Me Daddy, Eight to the Bar" performed by Dr. Teeth

"See 'Ya Later, Alligator" performed by Floyd and the crocodiles

"Joy to the World" as sung by everybody

And some Disney songs:

"The Bare Necessities" as sung by Fozzie, Bobo, Billy and other Muppet bears

"Yo Ho (A Pirate's Life For Me)" as sung by Polly Lobster, Clueless Morgan and Mad Monty

"In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room" as sung by the Muppet birds, flowers and Tiki masks and statues

"Grim Grinning Ghosts" as sung by the Muppet Ghosts

"Everybody Has a Laughing Place" performed by Fozzie and others

"Whistle While You Work" performed by some laboring what-nots

"Best of Friends" as sung by Zelda Rose's singing owl while Rover Joe and Catgut frolic in a forest

"Little April Showers" as sung by the Jug Band while sitting on a front porch watching the rain pour down

"A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" as sung by Robin

"Pretty Irish Girl" as sung by an Irish what-not

"I Wanna Be Like You" as sung by Quongo the Gorilla to a male what-not
I have an idea! What if, during Grim Grinning Ghosts, they accidentally summon Leota, and at the end of the sketch, she attacks them all!

MuppetMan301

Reaction score
What about “The Objection Song” as sung by Mahna Mahna, and then everyone else joins in on the final chorus!