Muppet Show Season 1

David French

Reaction score
Pug Lover said:
A few other things to note that make the first season different from the rest of the series./Fozzie looks different.A darker brown./Janice has a different voice./Floyd has slightly different eyes./Kermit and Fozzie don't seem to get along.Muppet Lab with Bunsun Honeydew only(no Beeker).No Robin,Link Hogthrob or Strangepork. :smile: :mad: :embarrassed:
Two things wrong with that.

1. Robin does appear in the First Season. He sings "Halfway up the Stairs" in the Harvey Korman show and he's part of the Frog Chorus in "I'm in Love With a Big Blue Frog" from the Paul Williams show.

2. Kermit and Fozzie do get along. Its just that Kermit tends to tease him a bit more than in later Seasons. I think it's more that they're not the best of buds like they are from Season Two onwards.

MJTaylor

Reaction score
David French said:
2. Kermit and Fozzie do get along. Its just that Kermit tends to tease him a bit more than in later Seasons. I think it's more that they're not the best of buds like they are from Season Two onwards.
Funny that. They were the best of friends in The Muppet Movie, which is supposed to be the story of how the Muppet troupe got together.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Kermit chats with the guest star. That wouldn't happen in later seasons.
That's not exactly true. A lot of times Kermie would chat with the guest star. It's just usually done in a dressing room scene rather than a regular "talk spot" scene.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
MJTaylor said:
Funny that. They were the best of friends in The Muppet Movie, which is supposed to be the story of how the Muppet troupe got together.
There were numerous inconsistencies between The Muppet Movie and Season 1.In TMM the characters were in sync with Season 2 and onwards.Bunsun Honeydew was first met with his sidekick Beaker,who did not exist in Season 1.Not to mention,Hilda did not appear to exist in TMM.Season 1 seemed to take place in a different universe from the following season onwards.Not only that,but during his brief cameo appearance in TMM(after being told by Fozzie that he and Kermit were on their way to Hollywood),Big Bird said that he was on his way to New York City to star on television.Which supposebly indicates how Big Bird and Sesame Street began.But how would Kermit have managed to debut on both shows at the same time?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
FYI, it's Wayne and WANDA, not Wayne and Wonder.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Drum Eater

Reaction score
I'm very familiar with The Muppet Movie and other Muppet movies, but not with The Muppet Show. However, I am interested in buying some DVDs of The Muppet Show. Which would you recommend? Which would I enjoy the most?

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Drum Eater said:
However, I am interested in buying some DVDs of The Muppet Show. Which would you recommend? Which would I enjoy the most?
Well you got to hurry up then. Timelife has stopped selling the DVD's they had. And the volumes that Columbia/Tristar has released is running out.

MockMockChef

Reaction score
MJTaylor said:
Kermit sometimes wears a purple tuxedo. Again, he wouldn't wear that in later years.
Kermit wears in some At The Dance sketses a purple tuxedo in season 2.
Another diferece in season 1 was that only the nose of Sam The Eagle was blue.The rest of his head was yellow.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
KETNETMUPPETNOW said:
Kermit wears in some At The Dance sketses a purple tuxedo in season 2.
Another diferece in season 1 was that only the nose of Sam The Eagle was blue.The rest of his head was yellow.
Yellow? Adjust your set, man!

Dave