Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Notice Disney did not say no. These should happen.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I e-mailed back and forth with Disney customer service trying to get a straight answer. Here is what happened:

Muppet Show DVDs
Dear Disney,
Are there any plans to release the Muppet Show on DVD in seasons sets
in the near future? Thank you.

RE: Muppet Show DVDs
Thank you for your e-mail regarding The Muppet Show. We appreciate your
interest. Please visit our website at
www.disneyvideos.com for current listings of avalible DVDs from Disney. Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

RE: RE: Muppet Show DVDs
Dear Disney,
I know that at this time there are no current releases by Disney of The Muppet Show on DVD, but rumors are saying that Disney is working on them and planning to release them. Are there any plans to release the Muppet Show on DVD in seasons sets? And if so can you share some details? Thank you.

RE: RE: RE: Muppet Show DVDs
Thank you for your e-mail regarding The Muppet Show. We appreciate your
interest. We do not currently have a release date for this title. Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

RE: RE: RE: RE: Muppet Show DVDs
Although you said you don't have a release date for "this title" is
there a title for the Muppet Show in the works and coming sometime in the
future? Do you have any information on the future life of the show on DVD?
Thanks again.

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Muppet Show DVDs
Thank you again for your e-mail regarding The Muppet Show. We do
appreciate your interest. We are unable to access any information to answer your question. Our resources do not list any titles matching your request currently avalible or listed in our upcoming releases.

Please call Walt Disney Home Entertainment's toll-free number: 800
723-4763
(in Canada: 888 877-2843) for assistance in your inquire. Our customer service area only has access to certin information. The title you request has not been formally or officially announced so we have no information on it.

Well, after a few e-mails back and forth they said "we don't know". Ugh! The responce with "no release date for this title" had me going, thinking there was a title just with no date attached, but it turns out that is their way of saying "all items in our computers have set dates, and we don't have an item like that in our computer". But they did direct me to someone who may be able to answer the question (hopefully if I can talk to a real person on the phone I can get a straight answer). I'll call tomorrow (hopefully), I also ask anyone else who can to call too (it's toll free) and see if we can get a straight yes they are really coming (and maybe even a when). And also voice your desires for the Muppet Show DVDs to come (and also to get an official announcment with details out (to stop our hopeless guessing games here),

christyb

Reaction score
That's the same response I've been getting. Between me and you they gotta come up with something GelflingWaldo

Vic Romano

Reaction score
That e-mail back and forth was really funny. That somehow needs to be in print somewhere on the set when it's released!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well thanks for trying anyway. that shows your really pasionit about it. What is Disny doing. I think they are more confuesed then we are ha ha :zany:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Disney (being such a large, well known, and watched company) is very careful not to say anything until it is official. So I doubt that we will get any type of confermation out of them until there is an official press release or announcement to back it up. And those types of things don't come out until the release and product details are pretty set in stone and finilized. Being that in November people were being interviewed for bonus features probally means that the disk and disk features are still being worked on and created. Unlike HIT who was willing to answer questions about Fraggles to the best of the ability, Disney is more likely to say nothing one way or another until they have all the facts ready.

christyb

Reaction score
Yes. But we all would still like to know something. Arrggghhhh! This waiting thing is killing me.

Beauregard

Reaction score
christyb said:
That's the same response I've been getting. Between me and you they gotta come up with something GelflingWaldo
SO, has anyone called the toll-free number?

christyb

Reaction score
I did once upon a time. Frankly got soooooo frustrated with people who had no more of an idea than I did...So I haven' t called back since.