Muppet Show DVD season box sets announced

ashbeer

Reaction score
Boxsets in Aus

If/When the season boxsets start to come out, I will have to wait a lot longer until they come out in Australia. Because everything takes ages to get here after they are released in Aus. The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper still arn't here on dvd, only The Muppets Take Manhatten of the originals.

I'm the hugest Muppetfan, and it's sad that knowing i'll have to wait longer than you guys in the us. That's if they even come out here.

christyb

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
It is not official, it is a Disney fan site who has shared the rumor of a box set being in the works by Disney on a list of upcoming Disney DVD. They do not have anymore information than we have here, and it is just listed based on the same information we have. It is no more comformation of a set coming.
So wait a minute. I thought the box sets were offically coming out/in the works. Is there a chance that we may not see them anyday soon????

matleo

Reaction score
Right now, the rumor is kind of second-hand. At the Henson Film Fest in Brooklyn last November the question came up very early on in the weekend. And as of Sat morning, both Jerry juhl and Craig Shemin were saying, 'We don't know but we'de really like ot see it happen" Sunday afternoon, Craig showed up at one of the panels and announced that "Yes, Season by Season Box Sets are happening. There's been a film crew running around doing interviews with me, Bonnie (Erickson), Jane, Jerry, Jerry and some of the others. we just found out today so we don't have any more information than that." I came home that night and e-mailed Philip with the news and Danny Horn (Toughpigs) was there with me so he had the information.

However, Disney has yet to make any kind of official announcement. no "coming to soos to Disney DVD....", or anything like that. GelflingWaldo was saying that the website that has it listed isn't really an official Disney website. It's a fan site like Muppet Central or Toughpigs. And while Phil and Danny are pretty reliable sources and usually don't post stuff unless it comes in from a fairly reliable source. Craig Shemin is certianly a reliable source BUT the Diz still hasn't said anything. THAT'S the announcement we're waiting for. They'll have release info, dates, special features and whatever else. but right now it's a second hand rumor from a very reliable source.

So that's where we stand now. Yes, they will probably happen, but right now, Disney hasn't made an announcement.

--Matt

PS--Has anyone tried to contact maybe a customer service rep from Disney DVD as we did with HIT? Maybe they could confimr a little better for us.

christyb

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I got really confused.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
matleo said:
Right now, the rumor is kind of second-hand. At the Henson Film Fest in Brooklyn last November the question came up very early on in the weekend. And as of Sat morning, both Jerry juhl and Craig Shemin were saying, 'We don't know but we'de really like ot see it happen" Sunday afternoon, Craig showed up at one of the panels and announced that "Yes, Season by Season Box Sets are happening. There's been a film crew running around doing interviews with me, Bonnie (Erickson), Jane, Jerry, Jerry and some of the others. we just found out today so we don't have any more information than that." I came home that night and e-mailed Philip with the news and Danny Horn (Toughpigs) was there with me so he had the information.

However, Disney has yet to make any kind of official announcement. no "coming to soos to Disney DVD....", or anything like that. GelflingWaldo was saying that the website that has it listed isn't really an official Disney website. It's a fan site like Muppet Central or Toughpigs. And while Phil and Danny are pretty reliable sources and usually don't post stuff unless it comes in from a fairly reliable source. Craig Shemin is certianly a reliable source BUT the Diz still hasn't said anything. THAT'S the announcement we're waiting for. They'll have release info, dates, special features and whatever else. but right now it's a second hand rumor from a very reliable source.

So that's where we stand now. Yes, they will probably happen, but right now, Disney hasn't made an announcement.

--Matt

PS--Has anyone tried to contact maybe a customer service rep from Disney DVD as we did with HIT? Maybe they could confimr a little better for us.
Thanks for clearing that up.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
matleo said:
I have tried. I e-mailed and called Disney Consumer Servies, The Muppet Holding Co. offices, The Muppet Press Contact, and a dozen other people inside Disney. Unlike HIT, no one have responded to the e-mails in anyway, and all the phone calls lead to automatic systems (no real people to talk to) which are no help to answering this question. I have been trying to dig for an answer from Disney/Muppet Holding Co. for some time but they just are not responding to us and aren't as accessible as HIT. I'm still trying to get some kid of responce to at least prove their is life at Disney.

christyb

Reaction score
Thanks for trying. I've been also but no response. We better get some news soon or they will be getting more letters from me!!

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Well when i called Disney DVD (there number can be found on ANY Disney dvd disk) they dude sayed there "in the works, but NO release date yet" :smirk: just passing along what I was told.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
Well when i called Disney DVD (there number can be found on ANY Disney dvd disk) they dude sayed there "in the works, but NO release date yet" :smirk: just passing along what I was told.
Cool, I'll have to call the Disney DVD folks again to see what they say now. But let's hope we don't get the same mix-up we had with HIT and the Fraggle sets.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Cool, I'll have to call the Disney DVD folks again to see what they say now. But let's hope we don't get the same mix-up we had with HIT and the Fraggle sets.
Yeah really! yep, this is what he told me :smile: