Muppet reality pilot taped last summer

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Okay, I can't seem to start a thread about this due to some sort of server error, so I'll bump this thread until I can, please forgive me.
I read over at the Palisades message boards about a guy who says he's a low level worker at Disney who read in a company news letter that Disney was planning to make a Muppet reality show, not a series but a special, and one guy even said that a pilot had already been filmed. Now this isn't exactly a brand new thread, but I am surprised I've not seen anything about it over here at MC's forums even if it is merely a rumor, and my feelings are that if there is such a thing, the members here would be more knowledgeable then over at Palisades. You can read all about what they know here.
It sounds like it could be a good idea or it could suck rully hard, so until I know more, I'm personally on the fence. So does anyone know anything? :confused:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
That sounds cool! A muppet version of Big Brother has always been a dream of mine!

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
TuttertheMouse said:
That sounds cool! A muppet version of Big Brother has always been a dream of mine!
They kinda did this on Muppets Tonight with the "Real World:Muppets" segments. Might be cool to devote a full show to it, even if it's just a special.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think that a new Muppet Show would good if it was a day-to-day Muppet life. With the Muppets living in the Muppet Bording House, and putting on Shows at the theatre, and everything in between. I think the plots could be mainly between the characters, you know, like one where Gonzo admits he loves Miss Piggy, or one where the bording house is going to be sold, I don't know, stuff like that.

Like a soap-opra. Every show has it's own little story, but is part of a bigger patchwork Muppet story.

Would be good.

Maybe the entire thing could be set around, Kermit wanting to re-start the Muppet show, and they have to try new ways to get around things. They need to figure things out in how to make the show sutable for today's audience, and in teh mean time, they actually WILL make the show sutible for todays audience!

What do you guys think?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think thats a great plan. wonderfull. i hope it goes through.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Vic,

I split this part of the discussion into a new thread for you. I'm looking into the error message you reported as well.

Handy Andy

Reaction score
Reality TV is the Devil's Tool.

Please don't commit the Muppets to purgatory, as Antron Fleece burns very quickly., and foam gives off a horrible odor.

It's bad enough they were forced by the hands that be to appear with Jessica Simpson and Nick whatever his name is.

-James

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Thanks Phil;
I think a reality spoof could be done very well if written properly. Reality TV is the most oppressing form of exploitation anywhere, and I think the Muppets could bring a redeeming quality to the whole genre, but in general, I do agree with you Handy Randy.