Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well, like I said earlier, as far as Clifford is concerned, I think he could pop in and out without being missed. I mean, he wasn't even in AVMMX. Kevin should really devote as much time as he can with Sesame Street.
I have thought about some things that I would like to get some feedback on.

1. "Bill and Brian as the Writers of the Movie." I think this will really be a wonderfull new step for these two. They have such a great chemistry together, almost like Jim and Frank had.
2. "The Muppets that will be in the movie/show." I really hope they don't try and make a whole bunch of new muppets. I dont think we need all that. I really believe that if they want the muppets to do well they need to bring back the older ones, reintroduce them if you have to.
3. "The Muppeters." Now, this is where there could be some major arguing. I really think we lucked out with a man by the name of Eric Jacobson. He has not just kept one of Frank's muppets alive, but just about all of them, which i think is great. I would really like to see some of the younger guys really step up and give Jim, Richard, and Jerry's muppets some more life. We know they are trying out the voices and I just hope they expand them a little bit.

unclematt

Reaction score
I dont know how I get so far behind in these forums.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
  • Scooter the Goffer could be a billion-aire living on his Uncle's fortune.
That would be fantastic! Then he could, in part, be the financier of the new show.

Also, Uncle Matt, don't worry. These things rush along at a heafty pace at time, just flow with it.

Go Muppets! :attitude: :rolleyes: :wink:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
I think some one said Bunsen and Beaker could be working for Microsoft.(not sure who said it)

GO MUPPETS!!! :crazy: :concern: :eek:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
A while ago, Brian Henson was talking about how he wanted there to be more Muppet movies made. He thought the wait between the latest three Muppet films (Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets From Space) was too long. So, perhaps they started work on it so there wouldn't be that kind of a wait between the mockumentary min-serie/television show, and the movie. After all, The Muppet Movie premiered while The Muppet Show was in it's third season.
I don't think that the wait between those movie releases is too long. There was a four-year wait between MCC and MTI, and a three-year wait between MTI and MFS. When you think about it, there was a two-year wait between The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper, and a three-year wait between The Great Muppet Caper and The Muppets Take Manhattan. It's not too much more of a wait.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I think Clifford was a great addition to the modern Muppets. You are saying he isn't as "Muppety" as Leon, but I think he's great just for that reason. He's different and not zany and crazy like everyone else. Along with Kermit, he's the cool one, the solid one. Maybe even more so than Kermit. It's important to have that and I'm sure he's easier to write for because of that fact.
It seems like most of the new characters from The Jim Henson Hour had something realy special about their looks. Clifford is one of those, though most of the other new additions from that show had much better looks. I think that Clifford is a bit serious when compared to Leon, thoughy Leon's personality doesn't seem to different from that of Floyd or even Pepe (heck, outside of Mupepts Tonight, it seems like all lines that were written for Clifford could have easily gone to Clifford). I think that Leon and Digit would fit in nicely with the main cast. It would have been great if Leon was used just as much as Clifford, to give Kevin Clash an extra non-SS Muppet character and to give him a balance between serious and funny characters (though both are very cool characters).

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I'm really hoping the mini-series follows up a new 'Muppet Show.' I have been gathering some ideas for some skits for a new TMS aswell. I think it should be the same format of TMS, but with an MT twist alongside. But here are some ideas for some skits if we ever get a well, new show:

• Greyhound's Anatomy Dr. Bob McDreamy (Rowlf the Dog) and his two nurses (Miss Piggy & Janice) in true "Vets Hospital" style. With maybe a few extra muppet doctors aswell. (ala Swedish Chef as a male nurse)
  • Statler & Waldorf's Movie of the Week basically a sendoff of the Movies.com skits they did, but basically, they just show mock trailers of muppet movie spoofs (also a great way for celebs to make fun of themselves)
  • Swine Trek 5.6 The return of Dr. Strangepork, Link Hogthrob, and First Mate Piggy, with a new space ship, and a new mission. But they dont know what the mission really is.

Plus we gotta have guest stars who can really fit with the muppets. (Please no more Jessica Simpson *hint* *hint*) Plus we gotta have the classics mixed up with the modern aswell, we need some more Fozzie stand up acts (it surprises me that ever since TMS --minus the JHH special 'Miss Piggy's Hollywood-- that Fozzie hasnt really gotten back to his roots in stand up), also we need some more daredevil stunts by Gonzo, and some more Muppet Labs. We also need the Electric Mayhem back, in true fashion, actually singing (the Red & Green Christmas album shows a good sign for some future songs and vocal appearances by the Mayhem.) So yeah, we need to go back to the roots.

Also on the subject of Clifford, I think Kevin wont really quit on the Muppets, but he's wrapped up with Sesame after all. But Clifford is a great character, and we should definantley see more of him. Also, here's a mind boggling question, Dave Goelz is alive and well, but Beauregard hasnt spoke very much since 'The Muppets Go To Walt Disney World', that makes me wonder....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Barry Lee said:
[*]Statler & Waldorf's Movie of the Week basically a sendoff of the Movies.com skits they did, but basically, they just show mock trailers of muppet movie spoofs (also a great way for celebs to make fun of themselves)
Or maybe the Mupepts cna do a short, 2-5 minute parody of a popular movie, with Statler and Waldorf reviewing it.

A
Barry Lee said:
Also, here's a mind boggling question, Dave Goelz is alive and well, but Beauregard hasnt spoke very much since 'The Muppets Go To Walt Disney World', that makes me wonder....
One thing that strieks me odd, is that on The Muppet Show, Beauregard and Beaker often worked togetehr, and Dave Goelz and Steve Whitmire work well together, but ever since Steve Whitmrie took over as Beaker, there haven't been any Beaker and Beauregard scenes.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Hmmm... you know MM, I never thought about that either. Very interesting.

Go Muppets!! :eek: :attitude: :sing:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If the new show is going to have some new characters, I think it might be best for some of them to be introduced in the mockumentary, so they can be properly introduced, and the show doesn't suddenly have a bunch of new characters who fans don't know anything about. In the mockumentary, maybe some of the other Muppets could have met some new friends at their new jobs, and they could ask Kermit if their new friends can be on the new show. Or Kermit could meet some new Muppets who want to be part of the show.

I wonder what would happen if there was a mini-series about the Mupepts searching for characters who haven't been used in six or more years. Imagine a mini-series where Pepe looks for Seymour, Clifford looks for the rest of the Solid Foam Band, The Electric Mayhem look for Lips, Rowlf looks for Baskervile, Sweetums looks for the other monsters, Fozzie looks for his mom, Scooter looks for his uncle, and Kermit, Miss Piggy, and others look for Mildred, Louis Kazagger, Leon, Nigel the conductor, and many others.