Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oy! Finally, a stop to the madness that is zifflefesting.

Not only did Beau leave Sandra Bullock the keys to the studio so she could lock up, but he also carted away what he remarked to be a very lifelike Tony Bennett automaton, when it was rully the real thing inside.

And yes Bo! Now that you brought it up, you have to start the Skeeter petition! Or prove your lack of Muppetness at shirking your duties janitor boy.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Whether or not this show has a lot of musical numbers, I think that the last episode should end with a big cast number.

I wonder if the new show that comes after the mockumentary will be ones who Kermit was seen to have been found and brought back. I wonder if any Muppets will return without a "comeback" scene.

I hope that some more obscure characters, or somehwat major ones who haven't been used in a long time, will be brought back. I think this show will definately have Kermit, Fozzie, Piggy, Animal, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Bunsen, Beaker, Statler, Waldorf, Sam, and The Swedish Chef. I think there are also almost equally good chances of Rowlf, Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, Zoot, Clifford, Johnny Fiama, Sal, and Robin being brought back. And I think it'll be a fair bet that Bobo, Sweetums, Johnny Fiama, Sal, and Bean Bunny would be brought back. But I hope that characters who are seldom-used these days, such as Seymour, Lew Zeland, Lips, Digit, Beauregard, Crazy Harry, The Newsman, Louis Kazagger, Fleet Scribbler, Mildred, Nigel the director, and George the Janitor get brought back.

I think it's safe to assume that Jerry Nelson won't perform on the show. That does make me wonder about Robin's chances of being included. Unlike Lew Zeland and Floyd, Robin hasn't been recast yet. Heck, Robin didn't even appear on The Jim Henson Hour or Muppets Tonight, and Jerry Nelson was a main performer on those shows.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I'm not too sure about Clifford's participation on the new show. Kevin Clash is Mr. Sesame now, and I really doubt he'd go to LA to shoot it. My roommate was an intern there for both this past summer and fall and she says that Kevin really takes charge of the whole operation. And that's aside from the fact that Elmo is the most popular character on that show!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would say Drew Massey could pull off any of Jerry Nelson's characters, I think.

I hope we see a lot of the characters from The Muppet Show days return, also thsoe we have learned to love since Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight.

Obviously, I'm a big fan of Sal, Johnny, Bobo, Phil, Pepe, and others. Clifford is cool when he's not dressed as he was in MT, but as he was in Jim Henson Hour, Muppets at WDW, and MFS. But, yes, classic TMS characters do need big comebacks: Rowlf, Scooter, Janice, Robin, Beauregard, and more.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I agree with you Kev, the way Clifford is dressed does affect the way people look at him I think. I loved his character in MT!, but yeah, he was better in Muppets at WDW and MFS. And I do really want to see Clifford come back. He's one of my favorite characters.

Frogster

Reaction score
I'm hoping this isn't a joke the way Muppet Wizard of Oz was, even though this is a presentation.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
This is so cool that the Muppets are making a comback! I can't wait and I have every confidence that they will!

BEAR

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
JOHNNY AND SAL AT A NURSING HOME!!! YEEEEEES!!!

Go Muppets!!

Or Johnny could have been a children's birthday party entertainer. Can you imagine?

unclematt

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Or Johnny could have been a children's birthday party entertainer. Can you imagine?
I think I like that idea even better