Muppet merchandise in Japan

beaker

Reaction score
I dont know how many muppet fans there are here in Japan, but check out this great merchandise! FYI - the website is in Japanese but you should still be able to see the good selection that is offered.

http://ec.scp.co.jp/scp/chekila/sho...d=28&category=&goods=&title=&keyword=&style=L
The store that offers muppet merchandise can be found throughout Tokyo and also has a great selection of Sesame Street items (unfortunately these are not available online) and is actually run by Sony Creative Products Inc.
Hey, welcome aboard Muppet Central!

Out of curiosity, have you ever seen Sesame Street figures/figurines/pvcs in Japan?

Back in 2002 someone showed me a sony wonder sesame Japanese site
that had a ton of really cool and unique Sesame Street merchandise, some of it being really cool figures...but I could never find that site again.

shimauta

Reaction score
Sesame in Japan

Really? I will definitely look! The same store that retails the muppet stuff also has a ton of great sesame street stuff but it isnt available on their website. I havent come across any figures though. I bet they are floating around on the auction sites here though. Sanrio (Hello Kitty) also has a great line of sesame stuff here. Ill see if I can find any pictures...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Being a white American boy who loves things from Japan, I am very interrested in stuff like this. You know, American characters reinvisioned as Japanese products. It seems mostly feminine products though... but I LOVE that Kermit pen.

Somehow, I always expect to see some really wild stuff, like Super Deformer Kermit plush or something. I still am kicking my self for not buying any of the Muppet Show Kurbricks a while back (I got the Grover one, though). I really wish I could have found those Sesame Candy figures someone posted a while ago.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
If I was a girl I would be all over most of these items...cool shirts though. I wish they had better close ups so you could read what was on the back. I'm curious about the "Muppet Fan Club" shirt. I'd like to be that geeky!