Muppet merchandise in Japan

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heh! I've seen Winnie the Pooh and Chip and Dale figurines like that.

I love random Superdeformer mercahndise.

shimauta

Reaction score
Oh yeah! Peek-a-poohs! My mom actually collects them. This was the first time that I had seen the same idea applied to Sesame Street characters though. I looked all over for them but haven't been able to find them...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually have Chip in a peach suit, and the costume's soft plastic/rubber started to crack.

shimauta

Reaction score
The same thing has been happening to the ones I sent my mom from Japan! The ones that she purchased in the states haven't chipped yet though.

Faylo

Reaction score
Wow, there is some really neat stuff here! Too bad I didn't see any of it when I was in Japan two years ago. All I saw was Hello Kitty, haha.

Some of the t-shirts from the first website have writing on them (either than the TMS logo), but even on the zoom in I can't seem to see what's written. Anyone with super-good eyesight wanna help? :smile:

shimauta

Reaction score
Wow! I have no clue what it says, that is way too small. Maybe its some good Engrish, lol.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm ready to see Muppets wear the skins of other Muppets. :eek:

Actually, I'm sure these nested character-in-character things are a popular fad. It does creep me, though. And why does it seem to be Elmo in the center...as usual? :grouchy:

Still, neat to see stuff from the other side of the world and that SS is popular everywhere! :smile:

shimauta

Reaction score
Haha! I never thought of it like that, but thats true! They come with little comics that show why Elmo dressed up like them. Elmo wanted to be slimeys friend so he dressed up like oscar. Then he wanted to sleep in big birds nest so he found a big bird costume. Finally he saw a cookie so he dressed up like cookie monster so that he could eat it.