Muppet Listings 14.0

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK then, thanks to TSF. Strike the questions about the little blue frog or Pierre from my last post. Still wondering about Elmo Mondiporg and/or Maurice Monster.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
JAYE P. MONDIPORG--I can't tell what he looks like, but his name is heard in the sketch.
You mean to tell me that Jaye P. was a green AM monster who looked like a bird?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Well, I can't tell. There were four other monsters in the sketch: Herry, a short lavendar one with frizzy purple hair and red eyes, a furry lavendar one with horns and a red nose, and the green bird monster. Jerry played Herry and the short monster, but the only mouth I see moving when the name is said is Herry's! Maybe it was unintentional, but it's the name of one of the other three monsters.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, so we're at 2992 entries. First off, still wondering if Elmo Mondiporg should be added. As I saidd, are Elmo Mondiporg and Maurice Monster sufficiently different as to merit separate entries for both?
If so, then he'll be added and only 7 more entries will be needed to post ML15.
If not, then 8 entries will be needed.
Hope to hear from you guys soon.

BTW: These monsters are different ones from the three in the sketch where Grover's playing his little flute?

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Yes, the three monsters are different. The three in the flute sketch are Anything Monsters, while the ones in the phone booth sketch are AMs dressed to look like monsters.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Gotcha. Wait a sec... if the ones at the phonebooth were AM's dressed up to look like monsters... then would that mean that Elmo Mondiporg was an AM made to be dressed up so that it looked like Maurice Monster, but was still an AM dressed up like a monster? If so, then that could justify listing them both and we'd be at only 6 entries away from ML15. If not, then I'd still need 7 more entries. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The Count said:
Gotcha. Wait a sec... if the ones at the phone booth were AM's dressed up to look like monsters... then would that mean that Elmo Mondiporg was an AM made to be dressed up so that it looked like Maurice Monster, but was still an AM dressed up like a monster?
You hit the nail right on the head. :smile:

I never knew about this until I got the clip. It wasn't until a bit later that they re-used the fur to make an entirely new puppet.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha ha, vonderful! That leaves me needing only 6 more entries to get to an even 3G and post ML15.
So... any loose characters left in between those old sofa cushions? Just 6 more and we're set.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I'll try and check with ya next week (unless TSF beats me to it). :smirk:

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Here's 8 more: From Muppet Arabian Knights of The Muppet Show's Marty Feldman episode...

Kalif: Played by Swedish Chef wearing a black turban and coat.

Sinbad the Surfer: Played by Kermit wearing a purple turban and trousers.

Sinbad the Surfer's Helpers: A group of frogs in the same Sinbad the Surfer sketch.

The Evil Genie: Played by Sweetums wearing a big turban.

Aladdin: Played by Gonzo.

Ali Baba: He's already listed here, but he's from Muppet Arabian Knights.

Ali Baba's Horse: The Old Skyball Paint puppet used in "Ali Baba & The Three Thieves".

The Three Thieves: Played by Fozzie, Baby Bear, and Billy the Bear in thieves' clothing.