Muppet Film and TV References

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
I was just watching Full House and Joey had a stuffed Muppet Babies Gonzo.. and he did an impression of Gonzo
That's funny cause Dave Coulier, who played Joey on Full House, did several voices for "Muppet Babies"...none of the core characters, but he did play Uncle Waldorf and do other small parts for the show. :sleep:

Drtooth

Reaction score
After watching Family guy last night, I found a couple...

In the Pawtucket Pat brewery tour episode, one character was accomplished ninja, Jerry Nelson. Now, I'm not sure they named the character after the puppeteer, or it was a coincidence, or they just couldn't come up with a better name (since he was only one for a collective 20 seconds), but I'm taking it as a refference.

There was another, this one Convincing John posted a while ago, But I'm gonna archive it here...

In this episode about Peter going for sensitivity training after sexual harassment problems at his job, the final scene has The sensitivity training feminist teacher fighting with the housewife, Lois Griffin. They are at this gala party, and a Baker, singing comes out with "Te-e-en banana creme piiiiies!" and promptly gets knocked over.

There was an old man at one point in one episode that looked an awful lot like Statler, so I thought it was a refference, but I guess they draw all their old men to lokk like that...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
There was a reference to Miss Piggy in the Beastie Boys' song "Ch-Ch-Check It Out"

In their music video for "Right Right Now Now",there is a Kermit picture in one of the buildings behind them

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Sorry if these have been posted but I got a few myself...

On The Vicar of Dibley Gerraldine sits Alice down to tell her the Easter Bunny isnt real and says "Age 10, your mother sits you down and tells you Kermit is just an old green sock!" It was so funny!

Also in the song "The Garbageman Can" in The Simpsons episode called "Trash of the Titans" Oscar pops up and says "Who can?" I described that pretty badly!!

On Friends, Rachel was wearing a top with Cookie Monster on it

Another Simpsons episode, it was the one where Selma marries Sideshow Bob. At the start they're watching Dinosaurs. It was funny!

Countless Bert and Ernie jokes on Will and Grace as you would expect!!

Another episode of The Simpsons called "A Fish Named Selma" they're watching a movie called "Muppets Go Medieval!"

And (sorry only UK fans will relate to this one) on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway Kermit the frog was a guest star. But I didnt take note as I wasnt a muppet fan when it was on! Unfortunately!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
muppet maniac said:
There was even one episode of The Simpsons where they go to Brazil and Bart watches this kids show on tv-a Brazillian version of Sesame Street,and had these strip dancers,a big,pink bird(maybe some take-off on Big Bird),a pineapple,and some lizard.Then Marge says "Ernie and Bert must have hit their imaginations"
The actual quote was "Ernie and Bert left it to your imaginations."

Anyway, I was watching a TV show on PBS called Second Hand Stories (I guess it's about people travelling from state to state looking for weird things from second hand stores and flea markets) and they go to this record store. They find these hard to find records, and play the weirdest ones. They showed a teach your bird to talk album (which said "Hello" repetitively for a half hour), Chipmunk Punk (the 1979 album relesaed by Ross Bagadassarian Jr. which brought back their popularity, leading to the 1980's cartoon) and then Sesame Street Disco. They played "me lost me cookie at the Disco" as an example!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
in Private Parts when Howard Stern was debuting on this radio station, the dj said something like "we have our new dj and he looks like big bird" or something like that, i cant think very well this time in the morning. i also remember him saying "when we get back from the break, kermit the frog will be joining big bird in singing the alphabet."

muppet maniac

Reaction score
There was a clip from Elmo's World in the sequel to "Meet the Parents"

Drtooth

Reaction score
On that God-awful new "Commited" thing... on like, the first episode they had a refference to the Muppet version of Manah Manah (Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo). After that, I shut it off. Ghastly show.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Some of these have curse words in them, and even though the filter will "star" them out, I apologize:
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back "Sesame street was originally my idea, but I was gonna' call it NWP, ******* with puppets! Catchy, ain't it?"
Killing Time - Dave Chapell Stand Up "...So then I switch over to Sesame Street, and I'm like 'Good', cause' now he'll learn how to count and spell. But then I realize that Sesame Street teaches kids something else, it teaches kids how to judge other people. They got a character on there called Oscar the Grouch. They treat this guy like ****. They're like: 'Oscar, you are so mean, isn't he mean kids?' 'Yeah Oscar, you're a real grouch.'
'*****, I live in a ******* trash can! I'm the poorest m*****-******* on Sesame Street!"
You can see some comics that use the Muppets on my web page or by clicking here.