Muppet Film and TV References

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bump!

In, of all things, an episode of Super Mario Bros. 3, I found one...

In the episode Sneaky, lying, giant Ninja Koopas, not only do they have a reference to the TMNT movie, (Big Mouth said, "I love Bein' a Koopa," ala Michelangelo), there was also this one scene where a giant parrot whines about Koopa using its cage as a prison for Luigi, Toad, and Princess...

"My whole life was in that cage! My Big Bird Poster, my Worms from Outerspace Comics.... everything!"

Klonoa

Reaction score
Oh I missed that reference! And I have that Mario DVD too!

--Klonoa

muppetmaniac

Reaction score
Boober_Baby said:
In a Friends episode (can't remember which one) I think... Joey (??? Maybe it was Chandler... I so don't remember this episode) has a girlfriend, and she has a really odd name so one of the 'friends' says "Is she from Fraggle Rock?"
in that episode of friends chandler makes a new years resolution/bet with ross to be less sarcastic all the time and ross comes in and says he has a date with a girl named elisabeth hornswaggle. and at the end of the episode chandler finally cracks gives ross the money and says " Hornswaggle, what are you, dating a character from fraggle rock?" then he sighs with relief.

Banjo Matt

Reaction score
Hi folks,
Certainly I've got one you never heard of.
In 2001, comedian Giorgio Panariello and big-band member Paolo Belli were on a show together. As a theme, Paolo started to play "The muppet show". When Giorgio says: Would you do something a little more dramatic?, Paolo plays TMS theme song slowed down and sad. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
Oh I missed that reference! And I have that Mario DVD too!

--Klonoa
The real release, or the Cereal box one? I got the cereal box release...

Klonoa

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
The real release, or the Cereal box one? I got the cereal box release...
I got the real release on that. I didn't know there was a cereal release. What's that all about anyway?

--Klonoa

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
wooo i havent posted on here in a while. anyways, in the movie Clerks, dante and randal were arguing on which star wars movie was better, Empire Strikes Back or Return Of The Jedi. dante said "all jedi had was a bunch of muppets"

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
oh and i remember this comedian named Ron White saying that once you have a kids car seat in the front seat of your pick up truck, you're man hood days are over. and he was acting like he was showin a truck off to his friends, and he said "Thats the.....play skool car seat, with the big bird steering wheel, you can honk that fat fella if u want. i'm gettin a cookie monster flip mirror in a few weeks"...well, it was something like that.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
eave it to Beaver

Gang this one my not count at all, but a long time ago they brought back the old Leave it to Bever with all the cast only all grown up. Wally his wife and Daughter were trying to come up with names for there soon to arrive new baby. Wally's wife suggets whay not let there daughter name the baby, and Wally says what if she choose Kermit!
Or something like that.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
There was one in "Sealab 2021" when they suggest doing something out of "Fantastic Voyage" where they shrink themselves down in a miniature rocket and get injected into the bloodstream. Stormie, the resident idiot, says it's like that episode of "Muppet Babies" where :wink: has Spinal Menengitis....Well, at least that's what Stormie thinks, anyway. He's not the brightest bulb in the bunch, eh?