Muppet Film and TV References

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Earlier this season on Bob's Burgers, Bob was talking to his rolling pin (I know that sounds weird if you don't watch the show but Bob has a habit of talking to inanimate objects and making them talk back lol) and he asked the rolling pin if there's anyone else he would prefer being used by and he made the rolling pin reply,
"That Muppet with the rolling pin. You know, The Swedish Chef!". That was pretty cool right there!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
LOL I came here to post this too. Seth is a huge muppets fan so I wasn't too surprised to hear Peter's reference. The fact they broke out and did the whole theme song was a shock though. Wasn't a fan of the rest of the episode too much but that part was so well-done. Interesting to note that they decided to do the Season 5 theme instead of 2-3.

I also wonder if this was made due to TMS hitting Disney+. Probably not since it takes several months to animate these episodes.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Earlier this season on Bob's Burgers, Bob was talking to his rolling pin (I know that sounds weird if you don't watch the show but Bob has a habit of talking to inanimate objects and making them talk back lol) and he asked the rolling pin if there's anyone else he would prefer being used by and he made the rolling pin reply,
"That Muppet with the rolling pin. You know, The Swedish Chef!". That was pretty cool right there!
I remember that episode, Bob's Burgers is consistently one of my favorites right now.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
That was hilarious!!!! Joe's completely clueless as to what's going on the entire time they're doing the song, and then out of nowhere, Mort blows (I think) a viking horn to end the whole sketch? Unbelievable!!!!!! And he's nuts enough to ask "What's 'The Muppet Show?'"? That's funny!!! Everyone in the bar knew what 'The Muppet Show' was, except for Joe!!!!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
That was hilarious!!!! Joe's completely clueless as to what's going on the entire time they're doing the song, and then out of nowhere, Mort blows (I think) a viking horn to end the whole sketch? Unbelievable!!!!!! And he's nuts enough to ask "What's 'The Muppet Show?'"? That's funny!!! Everyone in the bar knew what 'The Muppet Show' was, except for Joe!!!!
How did Joe not know about The Muppet Show any way? Has he been living under a rock like Patrick Star his whole life? Just kidding, it is just a cartoon after all and I shouldn't think too much into anything FG does lol.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Tonight on Family Guy, Peter wrote Meg a letter about going to college and said it was from "Big Bird". Meg read it in a Big Bird impression, Peter bragged about how cool it is that the iconic yellow Muppet has met so many cool celebrities like Ryan Reynolds, and joked about Super Grover's secret identity.

The Family Guy writers must REALLY like jokes about kid's shows because tonight's episode had references to both Sesame Street and Blue's Clues in it.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
OMG! There has officially been THREE new Family Guy episodes in a row with Muppet references in them. The first one had Meg doing an impression of Big Bird, the second one had Peter complaining about the "lack of Kermits" on HGTV shows, and tonight's featured cameos by Swedish Chef and Animal.

That doesn't even count four other references that occurred previously in the season. In the 2020-2021 timeframe, they made more Muppet references than Trump references. What a welcome turn of events lol.

I know Seth MacFarlane is a Muppet fan but dang, three episodes in a row is quite the record. Perhaps Seth got even more into Muppets after binging their content during COVID quarantine lol.

Last edited:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
On the “Halloween Baking Championship”, either last week or the week before, one of the judges dressed like Jareth from Labyrinth!

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I was watching Bob's Burgers a while back and Gene referred to somebody as "Hermit the Fraud" lol :smile:.