Muppet Fan Confessions

LaRanaRene

Reaction score
  • Steve left Sesame Street so that Ernie wouldn't have to compete with Steve's limited availability since The Muppets were getting busier and busier at the time.
  • The lack of Pigs in Space should be irrelevant to Steve's situation since he was there to shoot the actual skits.
  • For Muppet Guys Talking, there could be a variety of reasons why he wasn't there. Considering it was done 5 years ago, it has nothing to do with the past 7 months.
  • Thoughts of the Week was most likely done in New York or LA and could have been filmed months and months ago. Steve was probably in Atlanta because they didn't need him for a few short clips.
Good explanations. I'm just overthinking things, as always.

"Considering it was done 5 years ago, it has nothing to do with the past 7 months."

That's a good point but - and I'm going to over think again - when I mentioned that, I had Pig's Laundry's comment ("Is he secretly an A-hole? Is he mentally ill?") and the reddit user's claim that he was becoming difficult in mind. That wouldn't necessarily be limited to seven months.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That stuff sounds easy to believe, and frightening if so, but let's face it: what have the Muppets actually done in the last year?
  • Outside Lands
  • Thanksgiving Parade
  • MasterChef Junior
  • That cooking spray and Xfinity ads, I guess
  • and then a bunch of short videos of the Muppets reciting tweets
The only things on the horizon are the Hollywood Bowl show, which isn't until September, and the Muppet Babies reboot, which most certainly won't have any of the Muppeteers voicing them.

Those YT things were definitely filmed on the East Coast, so there's an explanation why Steve, Dave or Bill aren't there. And it's entirely possible that Steve couldn't make it in for Thanksgiving.

I understand that there's reasons for worry, but when you look at it, what the h-ell has there even been for him to do?

Last edited:

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Please don't take this seriously, but I have one more theory of where Steve has been.

This is entirely out of left field, but what if Steve has been helping out with Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance? skekTek has been rebuilt, he was the Skeksis we saw at the end of the teaser, so maybe Steve's been advising them from the performance side of things to make sure skekTek and the others don't feel like torture chambers this time around?

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Idk. It would explain everything like LaRanaRene said.
i don't believe any of it, Steve does Kermit the frog, and Kermit pops up on TV from time to time, so this can't be true. if it is so, then it's a terrible loss for the Muppet's, and a big disapointment for muppet fans.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Have no fear Dwayne is here!
I just had a wonderful chat with long time Muppet performer Mike Quinn. I shared with him the links from Redit, and he was shocked.
According to Mike the Muppet thoughts where filmed in New York in the span of a day or possibility two. They are just meant for The Muppets to continue to have an online prescience. There was no money in making these videos,and they did not want to pay for Steve and others to fly out to NYC just for a day. Just like for the Macy's parade and the WE event that was recently done as well. The Muppets both classic and Sesame have two great teams on the East coast and the West coast. Steve is kind of in the middle living in Atlanta, so they try and need him when it's more profitable for both Disney and Steve.
So before everyone starts lighting torches and heading to LA asking about Steve relax. Steve is in Atlanta, and is still giving our Muppet friends a hand.
Personally, I think not having Kermit or Rizzo or Pepe in these weekly videos is a great idea. Because it's giving more minor characters a chance to shine.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Have no fear Dwayne is here!
I just had a wonderful chat with long time Muppet performer Mike Quinn. I shared with him the links from Redit, and he was shocked.
According to Mike the Muppet thoughts where filmed in New York in the span of a day or possibility two. They are just meant for The Muppets to continue to have an online prescience. There was no money in making these videos,and they did not want to pay for Steve and others to fly out to NYC just for a day. Just like for the Macy's parade and the WE event that was recently done as well. The Muppets both classic and Sesame have two great teams on the East coast and the West coast. Steve is kind of in the middle living in Atlanta, so they try and need him when it's more profitable for both Disney and Steve.
So before everyone starts lighting torches and heading to LA asking about Steve relax. Steve is in Atlanta, and is still giving our Muppet friends a hand.
Personally, I think not having Kermit or Rizzo or Pepe in these weekly videos is a great idea. Because it's giving more minor characters a chance to shine.
Exactly what I had suspected, but I had been too paranoid to ask Mike or anyone else due for fear of being seen as too nosy! Thanks!