Muppet Fan Confessions

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Alright folks, it's time to confess your Muppet sins! What little tidbit have you been hiding from the rest of us? I'll go first!

*Takes deep breath*

While I can appreciate it for what it is, I think The Muppets Take Manhattan is hugely overrated.

*Throws exploding penguins to distract angry MC-ers*

Who's next?

(And please, for Henson's sake, can we please keep this thread flame-free?)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Alright folks, it's time to confess your Muppet sins! What little tidbit have you been hiding from the rest of us? I'll go first!

*Takes deep breath*

While I can appreciate it for what it is, I think The Muppets Take Manhattan is hugely overrated.

*Throws exploding penguins to distract angry MC-ers*

Who's next?

(And please, for Henson's sake, can we please keep this thread flame-free?)
As a child i ues to think Big Bird was a girl.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I always thought that Johnny Fiama was overrated, I will be waiting for the hate comments.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
As a child i ues to think Big Bird was a girl.
Apparently, a lot of people think that. I never quite understood that since he's played by a grown man, but okay.
I know Pino from Sesamstraat is actually played by a woman, but the character is boy.
I always thought that Johnny Fiama was overrated, I will be waiting for the hate comments.
Nah, no one's gonna give you any hate here. In fact, I kind of agree with you. Believe it or not, I actually like Sal better than Johnny. But he's not a bad character, and it would still be nice to see him return at some point..

Anyway, as for my confession, I really, really don't like Labyrinth. I mean, David Bowie is really charming as Jareth and all, but he's about the only thing in that movie that I find to be interesting.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Apparently, a lot of people think that. I never quite understood that since he's played by a grown man, but okay.
I know Pino from Sesamstraat is actually played by a woman, but the character is boy.

Nah, no one's gonna give you any hate here. In fact, I kind of agree with you. Believe it or not, I actually like Sal better than Johnny. But he's not a bad character, and it would still be nice to see him return at some point..

Anyway, as for my confession, I really, really don't like Labyrinth. I mean, David Bowie is really charming as Jareth and all, but he's about the only thing in that movie that I find to be interesting.
The story is lacking, but it's some of the best work you'll ever see out of the creature shop.

I think people think Big Bird is a girl because of his voice, but I could be wrong.

Another confession: I love the Kermit and Piggy relationship, but I'm starting to think that Piggy and Uncle Deadly are becoming quite the couple.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Another confession: I love the Kermit and Piggy relationship, but I'm starting to think that Piggy and Uncle Deadly are becoming quite the couple
I think they're just really good friends. Uncle Deadly's the one that really understands her. I like the fact that Miss Piggy finally has a close friend in the group, so now her obsessing over Kermit doesn't have to be the defining part of her character.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Another confession: I have always known who Jim and Frank and Dave were but i did not know who Richard Hunt was or what he did for the longest time.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Anyone have any more ideas for some threads we could start? This place has been really quiet lately, aside from the two threads relating to Trump.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Prepare yourselves... I still haven't watched Fraggle Rock. :eek:

Honestly, I always thought it was underrated. Everyone talks about how great The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper are (the first one I totally agree with, it's one of my all-time favorite films; the latter I have yet to watch...) but The Muppets Take Manhattan is an interesting different take on the Muppets getting together. Not as good as The Muppet Movie but still good.